IGNORED

Can anyone send me the link to the VENTURE manual, please?

Semi-retired

I'd love to take the time to find it myself....but I'm going out of my mind trying to figure out how to return one of the screws in the LID HINGE/BRACKET of my "top box" (or whatever Yamaha calls "the trunk") on my '03 Midnight.

I'll include a pic...but hopefully someone whose "screws have also come loose" (no offense intended..LOL) can tell me how to get the BOTTOM ONE tightened up.

I can get it into the hole (as the pic shows), but there doesn't seem to be a way to get the chrome bracket OUT OF THE FLIPPIN WAY to get a screwdriver into the head of the screw to tighten it!

Tips? Thanks.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

can you detach the bracket from the lid and rotate it out of the way?

You mean like this.......

_IMG_000000_000000 (1).jpg

LOL!!

Thanks for the tip..... but, it either doesn't work, or I'm doing it all wrong!! :-(

I'd hate to think I have to COMPLETELY REMOVE the entire assembly from both TOP AND BOTTOM to get this thing re-attached......but.......it's starting to look that way!

something like that. worth a shot I guess.

I can't quite imagine another way of doing it without looking at mine. I'll check at lunch when I go out to the parking lot.

After a couple of good nights' sleep, I went at it again, and.........amazing what a little lower frustration level will do!!

I DID have the three screws on the UPPER end of the bracket (that screw into the LID of the trunk) undone and, YES, that allowed me to jockey the entire bracket/slide assembly into a position where the screw-head of the "errant" Philips screw on the small, rotating bracket attached to the slide/guide was then (barely) visible and accessible for tightening.

Trust me.....I put a BIG DOLLOP of LOCTITE on EVERYTHING!! :-)

Thanks, guys for helping me 'get calm' and win!

Loctite within 5 miles of ABS will destroy it....

Well now.........you're warning certainly seems to match your avatar.................!!! LOLOL

I guess what your TRYING to tell me is that our saddle/trunk bags/luggage.........are all made of ABS????

Who knew!

OK. Gotcha. I'll have a look and make sure it ONLY got to the threads of the involved screws and bolts.

If my plastic panels start to dissolve.........at least I'll know why! Thanks for the "pre"-explanation! :-)