IGNORED

98 freeking degrees

Sylvester

Just insane that it is so hot here.:sun: Very hard to do much outside since the humidity is also high.:scorched: But if the weather channel isn't lieing like usual, come Saturday it should be in the mid seventies.:fnd_(16): I always loved Wyoming and Montana but what happened to them early this week, I may never go through there again. :snow2:

:farmer:

It reached a high of 38 here, I think it hit 40 in town, been wet and soupy. Last night there were a few snow flakes wafting through the air. Mostly freezing rain though, ya'll and your 9x degrees, HAH!

I'd be happy to trade about 30 degrees with one of you gents. :sun:

I understand yall. I live in the 8th hottest city in the nation. San Angelo.

go see where your city rates.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2019/06/17/50-hottest-cities-in-america-2/print/

Don't PRINT it, just cancel that function. Just took the link there to get rid of all the advertising so it is the story only.

Don't CLICK anything, just scroll down. That way no advertising and no NEXT, NEXT, NEXT ad infinitum.

Edited by Du-Rron

I drove out to Montana's Glacier National Park from NC and crossed the mountains on the "Road to the Sun" on Labor day. I was expecting it to be a little cold but it was about 85 degrees! Then, 3 or 4 weeks later they have a snow storm! What a change in the weather!

My wife who is still working full time flew to Denver, CO. I left early and picked her up and we drove up to Glacier National Park on the east side, crossed over and stayed in Whitefish a couple of days, then drove down to and through Yellowstone National Park. Man, I love my senior National Park pass! Going and coming we spent some time in Thermopolis, WY. My wife loves the pool there that is fed by mineral water from a hot spring. Dropped the wife off in Denver and drove home. Put 6,125 miles on my old trusty 2002 F150! Three years ago, we did almost the same thing when we went to Yellowstone. We love it out there!

Right now I would appreciate your snow making capabilities. I will try not to tease you this winter.

I try not to complain about the heat because I really don't like cold weather.

After spending over 3 1/2 years working in Homestead, FL, south of Miami, I think that is my preferred weather, about 2 weeks of winter. But, the crime rate is too high to move there permanently. That is when I started carrying.

94 today with much lower humidity and then 70 tomorrow (yeehaw). :banana::fnd_(16)::happy65::essen_018:

its been hot every day since I got tags on my new to me RSV - I underestimated how much hotter it is riding a bike with as much faring coverage as the RSV has than an adventure bike. a little brutal the last few days but it will pay dividends riding through the winter.

its been hot every day since I got tags on my new to me RSV - I underestimated how much hotter it is riding a bike with as much faring coverage as the RSV has than an adventure bike. a little brutal the last few days but it will pay dividends riding through the winter.

There are accessories that will direct fresh air onto the rider and passenger. And in the cold you shut it down and the heat warms you.

There are accessories that will direct fresh air onto the rider and passenger. And in the cold you shut it down and the heat warms you.

any hints on what to search for? I've been browsing through accessories for 99-13 rsv's and haven't noticed anything like that.

in the mean time I've been going over the bike and found how easy it is to remove the clear lower deflectors and drop on a short windscreen in the summer.

I added a relay power block with my wireless phone charger and the plug for my heated gear tapped off of it so I had the front fairing off looking over it all.

any hints on what to search for? I've been browsing through accessories for 99-13 rsv's and haven't noticed anything like that.

Hunt for a 2018 Yamaha Venture... once you ride one of those the RSV will seem completely frigid!!!

Arf Arf Arf Arf... yall knew that was coming.... :dancefool: :clap2::dancefool::clap2:

in the mean time I've been going over the bike and found how easy it is to remove the clear lower deflectors and drop on a short windscreen in the summer.

I added a relay power block with my wireless phone charger and the plug for my heated gear tapped off of it so I had the front fairing off looking over it all.

I will take some pics and reply. I have wings attached to the engine side covers that can direct wind in or out (don't remember who made it), and I have a vent in my windscreen (Clearview) that really helps on those super hot days.

• 4 weeks later...