IGNORED

import seat cover replacements

So I recovered my seat with one of the chinese's knockoff upholstery kits this weekend. Pretty straightforward. Pleant of you tube videos out there showing the process. Only issue was my 2007 came with the tucked seat the cover didn't have provision for hat so its not a smooth seat. I did rewrap the foam in a plastic bag to make it work proof.

I don't know if the front saddle was sewn a little crooked or i missed pulled the vinyl as ai have a small 45 wrinkle.. I'll give it a week with my fat butt and florida sun to stretch a bit. then pull one side and restyle to try and work it out. i've not down upholstery work since the early 80's.A few close ups of the details

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 7.56.51 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 7.55.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 7.56.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 7.56.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 7.55.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 8.09.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 8.09.34 AM.png

Well looks like it will at least keep your britches from getting soaked after a rain. My experience with upholstery shops is not much. I had a 90 Mustang GT rag top. I got 3 estimates around here to just install a top I had purchased. They ranged from $125 or so to over 300.

Well looks like it will at least keep your britches from getting soaked after a rain. My experience with upholstery shops is not much. I had a 90 Mustang GT rag top. I got 3 estimates around here to just install a top I had purchased. They ranged from $125 or so to over 300.

When my son was 16 years old he had a Cavalier with a rag top that we replaced. I had never done any upholstery work but we were able to get it on and looking pretty good, seemed to take forever stretching it back and forth. I think Balesman has done a good job. It's tough for a laymen to get the button style look without the right tools for the job and keep the seat soaking up a ton of water. Your thoughts of restretching it is a good one. Once that's done please post the final product. I think it will be well worth the effort.