IGNORED

Front air ride system

I have a 1992 venture when I put air in the air ride system the pump goes on The back fills up and hold their front also fills up but then as you check the air pressure the front depletes rapidly within a minute I don’t hear any air leaks and I’m not exactly sure where the air hoses are to check any help on this

There is a rubber air hose that joins the right fork to the left. Mine was cracked and it displayed the same symptoms you are having.

Get some windex or soapy water mix and squirt them down. If it is leaking it will be painfully obvious.

can you tell me where is this connected or to you have a pic I lost with thing thanks

If you look under your handlebars you will see two plastic grates; one om the left and one on the right. The hazard lights switch is installed in the right one.

Remove the phillips screws securing them and remove them, very easy.

You'll see a black sleeve around the fork on the left with a hose going into it; that is it.

The rubber hose goes to the right fork black ring but is not as easily visible.

Looks at this parts diagram.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/1989/venture-royale-xvz13dw/front-fork

The hose I am referring to is #66 .

Will

If you look under your handlebars you will see two plastic grates; one om the left and one on the right. The hazard lights switch is installed in the right one.

You'll see a black sleeve around the fork on the left with a hose going into it; that is it.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/1989/venture-royale-xvz13dw/front-fork

Will

Thank you

Will

Update: just the way you called it crack coming across although not at all easy to get this hose off I can only see the one side of it so I’m trying to seal the crack up thanks for your help

Update: just the way you called it crack coming across although not at all easy to get this hose off I can only see the one side of it so I’m trying to seal the crack up thanks for your help

I think the hose is available on ebay if your sealant method does not work out.

Glad I could help.

Will