IGNORED

Oil seepage

Hi Experts,

Looking at the carb of my 2013 RSV with 9k miles, I could see some oil seepage on the left side carb and also on one of the 4 hoses under the bike(not sure if this is the carb drain hose). Pics attached. What could be the reason for this?

I have discussion on another issue in a separate thread and didnt wanted to post this there as I was not sure if they were inter related.

Here is the other link

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?142963-Gas-getting-mixed-into-Oil-Carb-rebuild

Thanks for your time and apprecite your inputs.

Here are the pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117691[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117692[/ATTACH]

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-25 at 1.52.51 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-25 at 1.52.51 PM (1).jpg

Edited by lonerider

Above the carbs is a "catch box". Kind of a place for oil vapors to settle. Only time I had problems with oil dripping from there is crankcase to full. Mine liked to be about half way on site glass. Anymore and it would push oil into the box and drip eventually.

Pull your fuel tank off and then the covers to plastic air inlet boxes. You most likely will find oil. If so, clean it all out and check your crankcase oil level. I keep mine at midway or slightly below that on the sight glass. Any greater and it pulls oil up into the air intake. This is with the bike level - propped up with some blocks of wood of varying thickness duct taped together under the side stand just for this purpose.