IGNORED

New rider on the Eludet GT bike

tel1scd

I recently purchased a 2018 Yamaha GT Eluder and I have a question about the Informant system. When I take my time time turning on the bike accepting the warning message everything is fine the radio comes to like after a few minutes Sirrus XM comes to life no problem. I then put on my helmet and gloves and everything is great. When I stop for gas turn the bike off fill up turn the bike back on aceept the warning message and take off the radio is dead same for FM/AM Sirrus until I stop again for a strech break.

Am I not giving the system enough to to start-up should I wait a little while longer before going.

Thanks,

--

I have had this problem many times. I have cross checked the reception using FM radio or Sirius XM and always get reception on my bike speakers after a few moments, but not always on my helmet headphones. The problem seems to be in the signal sent out by the info system into the cord connection going to the headphones but not the wire or speakers themselves. If that happens from first startup and no reception after a couple of minutes, then I pull over, turn off ignition, wait 30+ seconds, then start up again. Usually that will work by resetting the system (I guess). Sometimes it takes a couple of tries.

Then to keep things hot, so to speak, during the day for brief stops like getting gas, I just turn the ignition switch to accessory so it stays on, then back to ignition to run the motor.

I used to think the problem was with Sirius, but it's not. As best I can tell, it's what I said above. I guess enough riders have not had this problem and reported it to Yamaha that they really believe it's a problem at all. You will have to have the dealer duplicate the problem and then have the problem again when on the phone to Yamaha. But you know how that works. When in the dealer's lot, everything is fine.

--