IGNORED

I don't think this is how it's done......

uhfradarwill

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 5/19/2020 at 6:59 PM, Marcarl said:

Another good reason to be in the right hand track when making a left turn.

I make a left turn from a curvy road on my VR to get my trial, are you saying it’s safer for me to be on the right track before I make a left turn? 

38 minutes ago, Shaw said:

I make a left turn from a curvy road on my VR to get my trial, are you saying it’s safer for me to be on the right track before I make a left turn? 

Guess I said that wrong. left hand track for right hand turns as well as left hand turns. If you were to line up in the right hand track you would be sending the signal that you were turning right, if there was a right turn.

My BAD!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcarl said:

Guess I said that wrong. left hand track for right hand turns as well as left hand turns. If you were to line up in the right hand track you would be sending the signal that you were turning right, if there was a right turn.

My BAD!!

I agree with you there I use the left track to turn right it keeps the cars from trying to squeeze around and better field of view for what’s coming.

No matter whether it is a 2 lane road or 4 lane....OWN THE LANE.  

2 lane road turning right...stay toward the left so people don't go around you 

2 lane road turning left....more about 1/3 to 1/2 in from the centre lane

4 lane road turning right.... right lane but on the left side of the lane

4 lane road turning left.... right side of the left lane

And in all cases....flash your brakes  to make sure people coming up behind you see you....and watch your back.  Turn signal on at a reasonably early time and begin slowing down.  If someone is behind me or coming towards me and indicating they are turning in front of me I'll also give a hand signal (turn signal, not finger).

Rear enders aren't that common but they do happen.  As with riding anywhere, be aware of your surroundings, have an escape plan/route ready to engage.

Geez....I'm starting to give longer responses than Carl !