IGNORED

RPM's

Royale Rider XVZ

I have wound mine out to 7000 with no ill effects. but yes that is about normal. I agree a 6th gear would be nice but you do get used to running at higher RPMs. Matter of fact when I now ride a low revving engine it just does not feel right being so used to the venture.

Actually, I think the 1st Gen gearing is perfectly matched to the 7500rpm red line and the high revving power band of the V4. They work together perfectly for just about any situation you are riding in. So yes, In my mindset...rev that baby up and enjoy her. You can take her to the red line in each of the 1st three gears without a sweat. (2nd gear will scare you)..you probably don't want to hit 7500 rpm in 4th...you will be seriously over the speed limit! Grins!

I'll throw my hat into the ring, I live where there are still a lot of open roads, most of my riding is gliding down a rural byway or interstate. She is happiest at 3000-4000k, its where the power seems to really start working. I think if it were geared any higher the power band would be harder to match to road speed. I wont lie, I would take a 6th gear on anything I own that doesn't already have one, but on the Venture I'm not even going into 5th until I'm already at speed. Another consideration for the bikes final gearing has to be the bikes immense girth, many more taller gears would probably be to much for the sheer weight of the bike. It takes A LOT of torque to move a 900lb bike at highway speeds, and again up hills and against the wind. If it had a 6th gear I suspect we would be doing a lot of downshifting back into 5th.

Sounds like your scoot is doing exactly what it loves to do!

Another consideration for the bikes final gearing has to be the bikes immense girth, many more taller gears would probably be to much for the sheer weight of the bike. It takes A LOT of torque to move a 900lb bike at highway speeds, and again up hills and against the wind. If it had a 6th gear I suspect we would be doing a lot of downshifting back into 5th.

Sounds like your scoot is doing exactly what it loves to do!

:sign yeah that:

And that is exactly the problem with the 2nd Gen. The overdrive 5th gear is way to high a gear for that heavy bike with a load. Get some wind against you and you either downshift or learn to live with horrible gas mileage! Ask me how I know....

Hint:

20180606_092052A.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
add pic

I said earlier I have wound her out to 7,000 usually during hard accellaration it doesent take much to get up there but though I probably would not recommmmend it I have actually gone wel within the red line. Still no issue this bike will pull rpms faster than the instant it takes to glance at the tach and like Marcarl said her sweet spot is in 3- 4,000 range.. Thats not to say that she won't run 40 to 50 mph in 5th gear on level road which she will do all day long.