IGNORED

RSV driving lights

Just an FYI for anyone with the stock RSV driving lights. I just bought these LEDs https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B017IFJ93I/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item and WOW are they bright. Real white light that now matches the LED headlight bulb that @Evan picked up for me. And I also like that the lens looks more like the originals and not like poka dots. Thanks Evan. Haven't tried them after dark yet. Maybe tonight.

Just an FYI for anyone with the stock RSV driving lights. I just bought these LEDs https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B017IFJ93I/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item and WOW are they bright. Real white light that now matches the LED headlight bulb that Evan picked up for me. And I also like that the lens looks more like the originals and not like poka dots. Thanks Evan. Haven't tried them after dark yet. Maybe tonight.

Let us know Gary how you liked them at night and if on coming cars thought you might have had your high beams on by flashing their lights at you?

Let us know Gary how you liked them at night and if on coming cars thought you might have had your high beams on by flashing their lights at you?

Hi Dave, I went for a short night time ride last week and I think they are great. At least the combination of the LED headlight and driving lights. I didn't turn the driving lights off to compare. The total light on the road right in front of the bike is awesome on low beam. On high beam I could see road side signs reflecting about 1/2 mile or more down the road. No one flashed at me when on low beam so I'm guessing there wasn't any problem with me being too bright.

Gary, that’s great to hear. I’m glad they are so bright to light up the road better.

Your comment that these lights are more like the original lights as opposed to the poka dots is good to know. I also have not liked the look of many of the led lights as they had that polka dot look to them.

Ride on Gary and hope to see you soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Just an FYI for anyone with the stock RSV driving lights. I just bought these LEDs https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B017IFJ93I/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item and WOW are they bright. Real white light that now matches the LED headlight bulb that Evan picked up for me. And I also like that the lens looks more like the originals and not like poka dots. Thanks Evan. Haven't tried them after dark yet. Maybe tonight.

Gary, are these pretty much plug and play, i.e. any mods needed to the existing buckets, etc.?

Thanks....Doug

Nice light, been looking at these for quite awhile. Think I prefer these, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VKXRQ3/?coliid=I1QQY7YZ8NEHU7&colid=JA701H5JWSA6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it , same temp light (5000k) but spot (30 degree) instead of flood (120 degree). Should provide better down road illumination.

Anyone have experience with flood light versus spot light?

• 3 weeks later...
Don’t guess you’d have a brand or part number for that build would you?

I think I through the box away but I'll check next time I'm out in the shop. Laid up right now due to full knee replacement three weeks ago. I'll try and hobble out there tomorrow.

Don’t guess you’d have a brand or part number for that build would you?

Well, I found the box but it's not much help. All it says on it is "V6 LED Headlight" Google was no help. Then checked off on the side "H4/9003/HB2, 6000K

Overall length 77.5 mm, top of flange to top of bulb 44.8 mm, width at the base 31.5 mm

Some other writing on the box but I don't know what it means: TUV NORD TS16949 CE RoHS Googling that seem to be some kind of electrical systems product standard.

Sorry but that's the best I can do. It was picked up from a vendor at a bike show by a friend.

On the bright side, I was able to make it out to the shop and back on my two feet with only the help of a cane.