IGNORED

Buying a new chair

Karl324

Hey! I'm not sure where is better to post it but I need a little help. There's my dad's birtday soon and I'm thinking of buying a new recliner for him. He's 6' 6'' height that's why common chairs don't fit him and he is complaining about his back pain. So a new recliner is a perfect gift for him I suppose. Have you got the same recliner? How to choose which one is good for a tall man? What brands are popular nowadays? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for joining my topic, now I'd like to share my experience. After searching of dozens of forums and websites, I finally found a chair that my dad would love. It's Ashley Furniture, you can check out it here smarthomedesk.com/best-recliner-tall-man/The recliner is amazing, it comes with a remote control so you can adjust the chair with one click. It's made with thick upholstery so it should be longlasting. And the design is perfect! My dad is so happy, as I am! On his days off they are inseparable haha.

Edited by Karl324
extra

Hey Karl what a great gift, I'm sure your Dad would appreciate it.

I second the advice to take him with you to buy if that's possible. I'm only 6ft but I find the backs of a lot of chairs/ recliners too low for me. It means I have to tilt my head back to get it on the backrest, as I have a neck/ shoulder problem from a previous MVA it can be quite painful (or I have to put a cushion behind my head which then moves around) So a "Dad test drive" in the store would be a good bet! It won't be a surprise but I'm sure he'll appreciate it just as much! Best of luck!

We have two recliner rocker chairs that we absolutely love for comfort and they look slim and nice as opposed to alot of the lazyboy recliners that we saw.

The name brand is IMG recliners. They are made in different sizes and when you look at their web site you can see that the head rest is adjustable in height, (very much like a car seat head rest) and adjustable forwards and backwards depending on the angle that is best for the user. So, so comfortable.

Good luck with your search. As others have said this will be a great gift.

Mine is a La-ZBoy and it's made for a taller guy than me, 5'10". It's comfortable but I still keep a small pillow behind my lower back for support.

LOL 2 Funny Exactly what I do. WE have tried a couple other brands and come back to Lazy Boy. Quality build and comfort. I do have to use a small pillow also as I'm a bit shorter too.

i

LOL 2 Funny Exactly what I do. WE have tried a couple other brands and come back to Lazy Boy. Quality build and comfort. I do have to use a small pillow also as I'm a bit shorter too.

I don't use the pillow because of height deficiency. I have to use it to support my decrepid lower back! Same with my desk chair. I always have a small pillow pressing agianst my lower back.

I agree with the lazy boys for the big guy, and I've gone thru a few over the years. But I picked up a Home Stretch recliner in an auction in early summer and it's the best one buy far. Got it NIB and it's motorized. It isn't one of those that stands you up... I can still do that thank you... but it reclines under power to any degree wanted, and has power lumbar support and power head rest... Let me tell you it's kick a$$... No more pushing pillows around to get comfortable.. You might take a look... https://www.homestretchfurniture.com/