IGNORED

9-11 Remembering

bpate4home

I was working in a server room in the center of a high rise (24th Floor) in Cleveland OH while this was going on. I had 0 clue, literally. While the rest of the Firm I worked at were surrounding the few TV's scattered about I was engrossed in my work. I found out when someone from my dept. just happened to ask where I was after the order was given to evacuate downtown. The plane that went down in PA made its u-turn over Cleveland and was not responding to the radio and everyone thought it they may just decide to crash it into one of Cleveland's buildings.

Remember What Happened

Remember those we lost

Give thanks for those that ran into the fray instead of away

Thank you to our First responders everywhere

Thank you to our Volunteer Military and our Veterans everywhere

At the time I worked 2nd shift as an Emergency Dispatcher for a Police Department. I was about to walk my daughter & son who were both grade school age, to school. I had the news on, listening to reports of the first crash. Suddenly the second tower was hit by a plane. I called the kids to the TV right away and told them to watch the replay that I knew would be pending. They watched and when I said that was no accident my daughter, the older of the two asked why someone would do that? All I could think of for a reply is that "Someone or some country is very angry with our country." Upon returning from walking them to school I continued watching the news. I was standing, watching when the first tower came down. My body went cold, my knees collapsed and I literally fell into the sofa. I knew life as we knew it had changed dramatically.