IGNORED

Poping at slight rev up

have a 2000 royal star venture. Just bought it. I can rev it up and hold it around 2 grand and it starts popping thru exhaust. Now i think it has aftermarket pipes, seems louder than my other Ventures. Just synced the carbs, came out fine , sprayed carb cleaner around the intake boots looking for any leaks. Nothing found. It seems to me like a lean popping. Can the aftermarket exhaust cause this?? Or what else could cause this Thanks

have a 2000 royal star venture. Just bought it. I can rev it up and hold it around 2 grand and it starts popping thru exhaust. Now i think it has aftermarket pipes, seems louder than my other Ventures. Just synced the carbs, came out fine , sprayed carb cleaner around the intake boots looking for any leaks. Nothing found. It seems to me like a lean popping. Can the aftermarket exhaust cause this?? Or what else could cause this Thanks

Popping is much more noticeable with a working AIS after going to aftermarket mufflers. First thing I would do is check to see if the AIS has been plugged. If it isn't, go ahead and plug it. That should eliminate the popping.

Here's a write-up on how to do it. https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?485-Plugging-the-AIS

Thanks Looks like all that stuff was removed when the did the exhaust They plugged the 2 small pipes by the rear shock with vacuum plugs Both of them were rotted and i assume leaking . So i replaced them..we will see if that fixed it or not. I dont see anything up front. Could there be something there also they could of plugged that i cant see ? ? Just tried it and it still pops