IGNORED

Need picture of fronts of carbs to make sure I don’t have air correctors jets

Hello, just removed the 4 cones air filters off my 1996 royal star deluxe to replace with the stock air box. After complete carb clean, rejet with barrons kit and barb sync. Bike starts and idles perfect and runs great up till half throttle but anything over that there is nothing. Wondering if maybe the previous owner had air corrector jets in it. Does anyone have a picture of the intakes of their carbs with or with out the air corrector jets in? Can’t find a picture anywhere. Thanks.

First Stupid Question:

Are you running it with the "new" air box installed and closed up with the air filter in place?

These engines will idle OK and throttle up slowly for a bit then bog horribly if run with the air box of or open.

No all closed up. I just found out the guy before stretched out the vacuum slide springs a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll, so I have finally figured out my bike. Well sort of. When I put the stock air box back on my bike it dies right out after half throttle. But when I take the cover off it revs out normal. I am thinking it has correctors in it. Someone, anyone able to dig up some pics of them or explain where they go so I can take them out. In certain they must be in there but don’t want to run with open cone filters. Don’t trust them in the rain.