IGNORED

Trivia Question...???

Condor

So who was McGoverns Democratic running mate in the 1972 presidential election??? I wouldn't have known, and really wouldn't have cared... But.... I collect knives along with guns and other 'stuff'. While rooting around in the desk drawer I ran across this one. Can't tell you when or where it came from, but thought it would give some of us O.F.'s something to talk about... Maybe even post some of your collections. I have some really interesting knives, but this one... even thou it's DNC... is cool... :-) :snow2:

2019-09-09 08.47.00 (Medium).jpg

So who was McGoverns Democratic running mate in the 1972 presidential election??? I wouldn't have known, and really wouldn't have cared... But.... I collect knives along with guns and other 'stuff'. While rooting around in the desk drawer I ran across this one. Can't tell you when or where it came from, but thought it would give some of us O.F.'s something to talk about... Maybe even post some of your collections. I have some really interesting knives, but this one... even thou it's DNC... is cool... :-) :snow2:

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=117631

Absolutely DID NOT have a clue on this one brother,,, not a clue.. I even asked Tip, smartest person I ever met, who knows wayyy more about the History of Politics than I ever will and she couldn't pull it either,,, simply said "I would have NEVER of guessed that" when I showed her.. Wayyyy cool knife there Bro! Lucky it dont have more than two blades there my friend,,, I think High Capacity Knives are illegal out there :witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Absolutely DID NOT have a clue on this one brother,,, not a clue.. I even asked Tip, smartest person I ever met, who knows wayyy more about the History of Politics than I ever will and she couldn't pull it either,,, simply said "I would have NEVER of guessed that" when I showed her.. Wayyyy cool knife there Bro! Lucky it dont have more than two blades there my friend,,, I think High Capacity Knives are illegal out there
:rotfl:

Nah, they haven't got around to that..... yet!! Swiss Armies are still legal.... :thumbsup2:

I thought Tom Eagleton before I scrolled down. Probably will never happen again since I am forgetting a lot more now. Guess my hard drive is full. :buttkick::2cents:

:farmer:

Nah! It's not that you're forgetting, with all the stuff stored as we age, it just takes a bit longer than it used to, to locate that memory. :beer:

I watched a show on Smithsonian the other night about the Hanoi Hilton. I never knew that Ross Perot's running mate was a key player in information that was exchanged between there and Washington. James Stockdale. I do remember him being a Vet and the press just tor him up on some stuff. Now that I know what he went thru it really makes me mad.

Funny how the VP guys pretty much are unknown.

Wasn't Eagleton the guy who had a mental breakdown of some sort and underwent therapy and caught a lot of bad press about it? Didn't he drop off the ticket because of that?

I donno?? That would make the knife even rarer????? Make note...do more research...

And I found this......

[TABLE=width: 605]

[TR]

[TD]Richard Milhous Nixon (Incumbent)[/TD]

[TD]Republican[/TD]

[TD]Spiro Theodore Agnew[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]George Stanley McGovern[/TD]

[TD]Democratic[/TD]

[TD]Robert Sargent Shriver[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]John G. Schmitz[/TD]

[TD]American Independent[/TD]

[TD]Thomas J. Anderson

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So the rarity of this knife is more than just a political collectable... Maybe worth a buck fifty instead of a buck???... :-)

Edited by Condor