IGNORED

Do you wave?

baylensman

I wave at everything from kids on Mopeds to geezers on geezer Glides,,,, Hell Angels on Choppers to sweet little old ladies with their side cars full of groceries, street legaled lop eared varmints on dirt bikes and even speed demons on full blown liter sport bikess,,, yep,, its been a lifelong flaw in my charechtor = always that happy to be part of the two wheeled crowd.. :thumbsup::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker:

I pretty much wave at all bikes, I even catch myself doing it in the truck. Growing up I would go on the road with my dad and my cousin and they waved at everyone especially when there was a girl in the car. I asked my cousin why they did this and he said it was interesting to see peoples responses, if you waved at a couple in a car the girl would usually wave and the guy would look at her with an accusing look as to say "Ok, who is that"?

Yup! Depends upon speed & circumstances but most times if it's safe to do so. Not often on major/ split highways though. I wouldn't really call it a "wave" in the accepted sense of the word. Here it's an acknowledgment, & consists mostly of merely taking ones hand from the left bar & more or less extending it out at seat (hip) level, Almost like you're pointing at the road a few feet from your bike. It's most definitely not a manic wave :banana:that could throw the bike off balance or be misunderstood as a stop or turn signal; that would be silly.

I can understand that in countries that drive on the left that it's more difficult to take a hand off the throttle, so maybe a nod becomes more acceptable & safer. :biker:

As for folks waving back some do some don't (mostly Harley riders). Their choice!

But Yup I do it & will continue to acknowledge fellow riders.

Edited by Kretz

Yup, BUT...

For any Noobs:

You need to know when riding at highway speeds, sticking an arm out into the Wind will instantly, significantly affect Handling. Potentially to an alarming degree.

Wave LOW, slanted a bit behind, so Wind Force slides along the arm, instead of inducing instant buffeting.

Rgds, WRIDR

Me I usually lift the fist, how far up and out depends on circumstances. Occasionally I'll lift a few fingers of the left hand if speed corner lean angle dictate! Usually I try and acknowledge BIKERS. Mopeds and scooters have lost my respect as they try and act like bicycles and motorcycles at the same time, Using the dedicated bike lane and the berm to pass traffic splitting lanes and just generally being A$$holes. I WILL NOT WAVE TO SCOOTERS OR MOPEDS EVER!

I pretty much always wave except when on a major divided highway. That's more so because I am paying attention to what is going on in front of and all around me. I do get the safety issue of it though. Last thing you need is a blown tire or sudden mechanical failure when you have 50% control of your bike.

Found out how quickly that happens water skiing my first time out when I was still a teenager. For some reason unlike my brothers I was up and moving on the first shot. Was doing real well too, when a boat load of good looking girls in bikinis, pulled up and waved so I naturally and proudly (I mean I got up 1st shot after all) waved back next thing I knew I was doing somersaults across the top of the water and ended up in the brink. Well they needed no buoy at that spot, I went from cocky to brilliant red in a heart beat.:smile5:.

Of course the ending was not so bad since they had no tow line they were able to pick me up out of the water before my tow boat could and I made some good looking friends that weekend.

Huh!!! My other friends. :think: I'm sure the guys were hanging about somewhere I didn't really notice :confused24::whistling:

Edited by saddlebum