IGNORED

HD mufflers on an 09 Venture

Looked back on old threads and most used mufflers from the early 2000 Harleys. I posted locally and have several HD take offs available from 2014 and newer Harleys. Without removing my muffler, does anyone know the ID of the muffler inlet? Has anyone tried HD mufflers from newer bikes?

Previous owner took baffles completely out of stock mufflers and it's too loud for me on the highway.

Thanks

They are all approximately 1 3/4". Maybe just slightly less. They are all the same though regardless. There were a few years that had the catalytic convertors in the mufflers, you are best to avoid them. The later models had them in the head pipes so you should be good on those late ones.

Most of the Harley slip ons are 1 1/2 inch. Yamaha are right at 1 3/4. The head pipe on Yamaha is 1 1/2 inch. Yamaha has a gasket between the muffler and head pipe that you won’t need, or use, with Harley slip ons. It doesn’t leak, so it doesn’t matter. Just FYI, the Harley slip ons are not quiet, but sound really good. Sounds like a V8 while idling. Hope this helps. If I remember correctly, someone here posted a video of what they sound like on here somewhere.