IGNORED

Just bought 2009 venture

Numerous companies use drip plugs for oil level checking.. You just upright the scoot, remove the plug and fill till oil drips out. If it were mine and someone had rigged it like your talking I would just pull the large plug they filled the hole with, drill a hole thru the center of it and tap it out and put a small bolt with a crush washer on it to use as a drip plug..

Some companies (Honda) even use drip plugs on the top end's to be used for pre-lubing/checking oil pump.. If you get a chance, check out a 1980's thru mid 2000's XR80 - XR100, right above the spark plug will be a 10mm oil drip plug. So many of those little scoots got their top ends (cam journals) fried from people letting them sit and then starting them up without pre-lubing (a lot of scoots have cams in them that ride on aluminum journals that if started dry without pre-lubing they will smudge the journals in a matter of seconds at start-up) and/or people dont realize that on a tip over it easy to get air in the oil pump and it needs to be re-primed before start up.. Ya just kick it till oil drips from the drip hole and all is good..

Also not sure if the RSV uses a float switch to monitor oil level like the 1st Gens?? One of my bikes got enough hard miles on it that it was on the perverbial, never do an oil change = just add oil routine.. With that scoot I never looked at the site glass, I would just hammer it once in a while in 1st gear and if the oil icon flashed I knew it was time to add a quart.. Worked great!!