IGNORED

Which tires should I test now?

VentureFar

Isn't it amazing how quick the price dropped? Dennis Kirk now has it for $201.88. It may be cheaper elsewhere.

https://www.denniskirk.com/bridgestone/exedra-g853-g852-tire.pfp543500.prdf?rs=545537

Dunlop is about $250.00. Dunlop D423. Don't know anything about them.

Got that right my friend,,, just checked out the current OEM,, down to 256 from 603 :scared:!! https://www.yamahapartsnation.com/oemparts/a/yam/59b01bfe87a86610ac04eca9/rear-wheel

Here is an interesting point too.. Check out the current price of the rear wheel Don = 260 bucks!! That is also wayyy down from 576 shown on the original parts sheet and for sure that cant be because of competition like in tire supply.. Strange...

• 2 weeks later...
Kenda’s don’t get mentioned often.

I used them exclusively on my dirt bike for 10 years and 8000 miles.

I am going to ask for a set of Kenda Kruz and see if I can get them.

Thanks RedRider

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ran those and they are on the Venture I got about 6 out of them before I had to change due to a slow rear tire leak but still plenty of tread left on them! After my sons incident with his Kenda Challenger and seeing the pictures of what his chain guard did to that tire, and he still made however many miles with it rubbing the tire. I will stand by Kenda only ones I have seen recently that I haven't ran yet is the Cataclysms. I will try to find the picture of his rear tire, but will put it this way it was square on the left hand side!

I put a set of the Kenda Kruz on The Beast for my son a month or so ago. The rear was a major pain to get the bead seated and it lost seal after a couple weeks. I'm not blaming the tire, but I've never had that happen before. I haven't been home long enough to take a look at it since it happened and the boy is too busy at work to anything with it.

I'll be waiting to read your report on the Kendas!

• 1 month later...

Got the kenda’s

Having them mounted tomorrow.

This is rainy Oregon so I don’t know when the will be actually giving them a strong ride but will advise.

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by VentureFar