IGNORED

"Navigation system not ready" message

Mr Gadget

I've had my 18 SVTC for less than a week. GPS was working fine through yesterday afternoon. Later in the evening, I started it and got the "navigation system not ready" message.

I installed the Navigation Update and still have the issue. Anybody else gotten this?

I think this is the bug I have. I can try to create a route and it does seem like it is stuck on a route. I'll try this when I get home. Thanks!!

**Update: It worked!! Thanks again, saved me a trip to the dealer**

Edited by Mr Gadget

I think this is the bug I have. I can try to create a route and it does seem like it is stuck on a route. I'll try this when I get home. Thanks!!

**Update: It worked!! Thanks again, saved me a trip to the dealer**

I have the Eluder GT with Navigation, and it will stay on the selected route until I reach the destination or select the "Quit Guidance". The Quit Guidance button is located thru the Navigation Menu, but I haven't figured out how to get it on one of the shortcut buttons available from the map screen, you actually have to go thru the main menu to get to it. Yes, it took me a while to find it, and I'll have to read up on that as it is annoying not to be able to cancel the route from the main map screen.

The "Navigation system not ready" message shows up every time I turn on the bike, but is usually gone in about 15 seconds. If we're on the road, and I see everybody mounting up, I'll usually turn the key on then, and it's ready to go by the time we actually start moving.

Love the bike overall.