Bongobob's Hanigan Trike

Marcarl

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure there is nothing stopping anyone from taking a good look at the trike but Carl has given an honest description as best as possible and not sure if he posted it but he also took a video of the trike running as well as the exhaust while I cracked the throttle several times. The exhaust was clean and throttle response was instant. As he stated the rust on the brake rotors is surface rust from the trike sitting due to Bobs poor health but as we all know that will clean up within a few miles as the brakes get used. There were no problems with the trike itself other than needing a new battery, but Bob had been in the middle of working on his add on lights, when suddenly he was hospitalized.

I'm sure there is nothing stopping anyone from taking a good look at the trike but Carl has given an honest description as best as possible and not sure if he posted it but he also took a video of the trike running as well as the exhaust while I cracked the throttle several times. The exhaust was clean and throttle response was instant. As he stated the rust on the brake rotors is surface rust from the trike sitting due to Bobs poor health but as we all know that will clean up within a few miles as the brakes get used. There were no problems with the trike itself other than needing a new battery, but Bob had been in the middle of working on his add on lights, when suddenly he was hospitalized.

All I am saying is that more interest would be generated if there is an actual price. The last thing poeple want to get involved with is a bidding war. Generally it takes longer to sell when the buyer had to come up with a price.

All I am saying is that more interest would be generated if there is an actual price. The last thing poeple want to get involved with is a bidding war. Generally it takes longer to sell when the buyer had to come up with a price.

:scratchchin:,, :lightbulb:, but on the other hand,,, maybe a good old fashioned bidding war - sold to the highest bidder - bidding war would liven things up a bit.. With the bike market being as soft as it is and if Becky is wanting it gone before winter maybe our first ever VentureRider Bike Auction would service her needs perfectly. Carl could ask her to pick a date that the bike needs to be gone, then pick an auction close date for bids a couple weeks before that date. Keep the bids open for all to see to keep the :witch_brew: going on.. Could do the same with Blondie..

I know of LOTS of estates that have gotten cleared in this way by auction services. The major downfall for the families who are selling the belongings of the loved one who has passed on is that the selling auction services REALLY sock it to em in fee's and commissions, something that doing it "in house" would eleviate.

Another avenue may be a Raffle of sorts but there may be laws standing in our way of doing such a thing ( @Freebird ?) plus, a Raffle would be a lot more time consuming IMHO..

Sheesh Randy,, now look what you started :stickpoke::witch_brew::big-grin-emoticon:

Defiantly implications to having an auction. Payments would be a big thing. PayPal does not allow such payments. I'm sure there are other gotcha's also.

I know it's kinda old fashion but maybe a check and stamp would work.... or cash if they're close enough... :-)

Read all the suggestions. Thanx for your input. Don't worry your little heads over the trike too much, but that's all that needs to be said at this point,,,, other than, if you are thinking about having a go at purchasing it, then send me an email before it's gone.

Just an update Marcarl, Big Tom and I went to Becky and Bobs's Today. We installed a new Battery purchased from Pioneer, Cleaned up the wiring and fired the bike up. Once the new Battery was in the bike fired right up and ran great. I took it for a bit of a run and the surface rust on the rotors cleaned up about 90% should be 100% cleaned up after a few miles of riding.

I can’t let you steal it Condor, I have $11,500 I need to re- invest!

I just may have been blown out of the saddle.... :-) I still would have to dial in the cost of flying from SMF to BUF, and then riding it back 2600 miles before the snow flies. Plus food and motel 6's, and fuel. Of course I'd have to visit cousins in Buffalo... that's were I was born....stop at Gunrunner Auctions in Ohio and then take it up to *cowpuc in Muskegon and wrench on it a bit and eat hotdogs before actually heading to the barn...via Montana and Idaho... :draming: That's a lot to think about... Of course you realize that an investment is supposed to make you money not loose it.... :big-grin-emoticon: I wasn't planning on investing.... :whistling::backinmyday::mo money:

Edited by Condor

I just may have been blown out of the saddle.... :-) I still would have to dial in the cost of flying from SMF to BUF, and then riding it back 2600 miles before the snow flies. Plus food and motel 6's, and fuel. Of course I'd have to visit cousins in Buffalo... that's were I was born....stop at Gunrunner Auctions in Ohio and then take it up to *cowpuc in Muskegon and wrench on it a bit and eat hotdogs before actually heading to the barn...via Montana and Idaho... :draming: That's a lot to think about... Of course you realize that an investment is supposed to make you money not loose it.... :big-grin-emoticon: I wasn't planning on investing.... :whistling::backinmyday::mo money:

If health were not a factor on my end other things could have been arranged,, to the tune of a :big-grin-emoticon: Puc's Delivery service in action cause I gotta Grandson out there who is about to have his first B-Day but indeed,,, a Condor and Puc's Road Show would work just as well :crackup::crackup:

Wellll:detective:........Since u,d beez a goin ta all dat trouble...... and ya'll be close a nuff..........heck you may as well cut through southern Ontario on the way to Pucs and shake hands with some of us Ontario riders EH.

We are always looking for an excuse for good old meet and eat. :178: