IGNORED

Can I remove just the tape deck and keep radio/cb working?

The CB and tape deck are auxiliary connections to the radio/intercom. You can pull the CB or Tape deck without affecting the other components.

I yanked the tape deck from my '89 and replaced it with a cord that allowed me to plug in an MP3 player.

Thanks, maybe I should have just asked you in the first place.

Kelly

Contrary to what some others have experienced, some folks have lost the radio when the cassette player is removed.

If it occurs for you, the solution is simple.

It is explained in this document.

Sorry I'm late for this post.

For the 1st Gen scoot...no...you can't get the radio to work if you unplug the cassette deck. There is a simple bypass you can do, and maybe that's what Kevin posted for you. The radio is "listening" for the deck...so if you unplug the deck...the radio sits there doing nothing.

For the 2nd gen...you can unplug.

Not wanting to bother with getting a femaile connector, it was a pain carefully cutting all the hard molded plastic off the back of the connector to trace the wire olors.. So the results so far is pin 7, 12vdc is WHITE, pin 1 cassette override is GREY.

The good news is, my radio cutting in and out has stopped!

Contrary to what some others have experienced, some folks have lost the radio when the cassette player is removed.

If it occurs for you, the solution is simple.

It is explained in this document.