IGNORED

Rest in Peace Fred Vogt

Freebird

Just learned that we lost an old friend Fred Vogt to cancer. Truly sad news. Fred and I served together on the board of directors of the now default Venture Touring Society/Motorcycle Touring Association. He was never extremely active here but graciously gave his permission for me to post many of his old Venture maintenance and repair articles. Fred was truly a Venture guru. There just wasn't much that he didn't know about the first gen Venture. He was a friend and will be missed.

I don't even have a good picture of him to add to our memorials. If anybody has one, please get it to me please.

Godspeed our Friend. Till we meet again .

Edited by Freebird

Fred - rest in peace and Godspeed our friend and brother of the road! You are/will be sorely missed! Thank you for all you did for the betterment of the lifestyle so many of us have shared in. Your willingness to share in both friendship and knowledge will continue thru time in memorial to your kindness. Prayers Up for your family and friends as they work thru the grieving process of losing one so dear.

Thanks Boss for sharing this disheartening but much needed to be shared news - you got a tough job Don but we in the club GREATLY appreciate your sincere love for each of us!

Puc

Don't know that I ever met Fred, but for sure I did know about him. For me it brings more reality, that someday that will be my lot as well, to leave this earth and join those who have gone before. Gonna take a little getting used to, to face that venture, kind of scary in a way, but then also a blessing to know that on the other side there will be no more tears and associated hurts and pains.

Praying for comfort and peace that only comes from above.

RIP Fred. I had the pleasure meeting Fred at my first Venture West in Susanville, CA., and remember he and his wife taking their VR trike into a hard left on two wheels. It was a sight to see.. :-) I still think of him often when the town of Parump NV is mentioned.. From what I've heard he had a large work shed filled with 1stGen parts.. Fond memories....

I don't even have a good picture of him to add to our memorials. If anybody has one, please get it to me please.

I have befriended Fred's adopted son Ed Metcalfe. Ed inherited Fred's 1991 Venture that he won at the Venture Touring Society's Sault Ste. Marie 1991 V-Daze. Ed also inherited the shed full of Venture parts and Venture motorcycles as well as the Flexit sidecar that Fred had on his 1984 Royale. Ed is retaining the 1991 but is going to inventory and sell the parts. I have suggested that Ed join the VRO. He goes by the handle of "Smilin Ed".

Ed forwarded to me these pictures of Fred.

Fred Vogt 2000 crop.jpgFred Vogt Flexit crop.jpgFred Vogt latest crop.jpgFred Vogt parts 1.jpgFred Vogt parts 2.jpgFred Vogt parts 3.jpgFred Vogt parts 4.jpgFred Vogt parts 5.jpg