IGNORED

‘83 venture single throttle cable?

Hey all, so I’ve been wondering about the possibility of a single throttle cable setup as I am now running the single solex pict 3 conversion. When I installed this, I used the pull cable to work the carb and I just tucked the push cable out of the way and it’s been working just fine up until the push cable came apart and the throttle got some play on the handle. If I have to just replace the pull cable I am okay with that too, just trying to see what’s out there and get some ideas. I’d like to get this replaced before I lose throttle on the highway :yikes:. Thanks guys, I appreciate you all! :beer:

The motorcycle will go just fine with only a pull cable. The purpose of the push cable is so you can force the throttle closed with your hand if something hangs up. It's a safety thing.

Personally, I'd hook up a push cable if at all possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Good ‘ol eBay for the win! Found a universal 7/8” throttle kit that worked perfectly! Thankfully I changed it out before the 36 year old handle and cable took a dive as they were looking a bit worse for wear upon disassembly. Just thought I’d share for anyone in the same predicament as I was. Cheers!