IGNORED

The scourge of the roads in NE for a biker.....

uhfradarwill

I've been riding to work, 51 miles one way, on the VR if the weather permits everyday.

I've had two scares this season and both of them involved bicycleists!!!

Crossing a RR tract that was very rough when a road bike comes whippin thru a stop sign just pass the xing.

He was going so fast he neared the center line and when he saw me, he almost sharted.

If I hadn't slowed for the RR, he might have got clipped!!

Oh well, I'd fair better in an altercation with one of those than a car I guess.....

Tip and I were recently rippin across the Nebraska Sandhills in our little Trooper hybrid and I had just finished telling her how cool it would be to drag Maggie (my R1) out there to "play" on the hills in 5th and 6th gear (speeds over 160 would DEFINITELY turn those awesome uprighted by the hand of God himself "sweepers" in some really beautiful potential high speed ramps) when we ran across what the video shows... Just another scourge of Nebraska roads to add to your list of things to beware of out there brother!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Living in Houston for the last 10+ years it has been blown tire remains. They're everywhere, Even in the HOV lanes and riders here call'em road gators. I ride 35 highway miles one way for work and well before dawn. A few weeks ago I was cruising around 75 and came across a small mine field of these things eventually hitting one bending the oil cooler line, denting the oil filter enough to blow the seal and catching some wiring. I see cages with blown tires ever day and they ride the rim to get off the highway. Lately I've been seeing more truck retreads than normal but it feels like a million degrees Kelvin on the road too. That said a ride on the bike is always 100% better than a drive in the cage as I can get to work with out being to hot and I can shower or jump in the pool when I get home.