IGNORED

Vogel IX another good one......................

DragonRider

Another Vogel has come and gone and even though a small turnout, it was a fantastic time with all regulars to the event. Half of the group was camping in the park and the other half stayed at the Seasons Inn in Blairsville. This was our first time staying at the Seasons Inn and enjoyed staying there. The cabins at the park were recently remodeled and the rates reflected it. The owners at the motel are very biker friendly and accommodating. We ate several meals at a local restaurant, Cooks Country Rest. and it was very very good. Thursday we rode up to Brasstown Bald and had some great views of several states. Friday we started early and rode hwy 180 down to Suches and then over to Helen for some very good food at the Troll House. After we ate we wandered around Helen to some of the shops, the one we all like was the free wine tasting in one of the shops. Returned to Blairsville and had late lunch/early dinner at Rib Country where we encountered some difficulties ordering and receiving correct orders. But it ended with full stomachs and nap time for some.

Saturday we went down to Ducktown and visited Field in the Woods and toured this wonderful biblical shrine. From there it was over to Cherahola Skyway for Charlene's first ride there. This was the first time she has ridden any long distance rides at any Vogel, and she had a great time and wasn't too worse for wear after all the riding, she managed to ride every day with me. Made it much more enjoyable for the both of us. Joe encountered a little mechanical difficulty with his bike on the way back to the park, but he made it and had it fixed fairly quick, we later all gathered at Woody and Katrina's campsite for a second nite of winetasting and storytelling. We all toasted our members who recently passed, YammerDan, MasterGuns, and BongoBob. It was a good time and the libations were excellent. Thanks to all who made this a very successful event. Even though I had posted this was the last Vogel, Skid's wife Leslie convinced me to end it with Vogel X, which she promised to attend, so stay tuned for further info on that.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image004.jpg

image013.jpg

image015.jpg

image008.jpg

image024.jpg

image030.jpg

image035.jpg

image033.jpg

Edited by DragonRider

Great pics Dragonrider, glad you had a good turnout and a good time. I've been attending the WNY Rally for the past several years and have always wanted to attend the Vogel Rally. Now I have my chance, the WNY Rally for next year is scheduled for mid July. Be prepared for the Great Yankee Invasion of 2020, there may be several of us attending next year. Looking forward to it. Keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Come on down and enjoy our southern hospitality and have some fun. Look forward to the yankee invasion.

Great pics Dragonrider, glad you had a good turnout and a good time. I've been attending the WNY Rally for the past several years and have always wanted to attend the Vogel Rally. Now I have my chance, the WNY Rally for next year is scheduled for mid July. Be prepared for the Great Yankee Invasion of 2020, there may be several of us attending next year. Looking forward to it. Keep us posted.