IGNORED

Rally @ the shores 2020 dialogue-encouragement

after reading the rules i deduced putt putt is the yankee version of what we call mini golf down here in the real world. Guess it's sorta like y'all ordering sodas and pops instead of a pepsi. Guess i'll have to practice some around here with a putter, haven't golfed in years. I quit playing a few years after i got married, can't remember why i quit but i'm sure it had to do with her taking away my balls. See ya in july (i'm bringing her with me-you don't have to tell her everything i say here).

how dare she!!!! :680:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the rules I deduced putt putt is the Yankee version of what we call mini golf down here in the real world. Guess it's sorta like y'all ordering sodas and pops instead of a Pepsi. Guess I'll have to practice some around here with a putter, haven't golfed in years. I quit playing a few years after I got married, can't remember why I quit but I'm sure it had to do with her taking away my balls. See ya in July (I'm bringing her with me-you don't have to tell her everything I say here).

Since you have no balls, it will cost you a "pop" for us Yankees to to keep our mouths closed about this post... see you in July....

After reading the rules I deduced putt putt is the Yankee version of what we call mini golf down here in the real world. Guess it's sorta like y'all ordering sodas and pops instead of a Pepsi. Guess I'll have to practice some around here with a putter, haven't golfed in years. I quit playing a few years after I got married, can't remember why I quit but I'm sure it had to do with her taking away my balls. See ya in July (I'm bringing her with me-you don't have to tell her everything I say here).
Actually in my wifes home time they say sodee which always ends up being a Coke, not pepsi or ginger ale or any other type of soda pop just plain and simple .sodee = coke.

As far as putt putt goes I always heard it referred to as mini golf or mini putt, never heard the term putt putt until it was expelled from BIG TOM's lips I guess it has something to do with his limited vocabulary and how he reffered to it as a small child.

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

BTW

Sorry for your loss this is why you should always wear an athletic cup. :178:

Edited by saddlebum

Actually in my wifes home time they say sodee which always ends up being a Coke, not pepsi or ginger ale or any other type of soda pop just plain and simple .sodee = coke.

As far as putt putt goes I always heard it referred to as mini golf or mini putt, never heard the term putt putt until it was expelled from BIG TOM's lips I guess it has something to do with his limited vocabulary and how he reffered to it as a small child.

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

BTW

Sorry for your loss this is why you should always wear an athletic cup. :178:

BITE ME............:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::canada::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

Edited by Marcarl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So never having played PUTT PUTT and being designated ref. I had to search the rules. there seems to be some variation but the two sets of rules that seem to hold most consistently are the US official PUT PUTT rules and the Basic PUTT PUTT rules. Since this is all for fun I would suggest we just stick with the basics or something similar to it. Oh and steamer there does not seem to be any mention of replacing an opponents ball with a Rock in any of the rules I researched. Besides BIG TOM found out about the incentive deal I offered you and YELLED AT ME>:yikes:

BASIC PUTT-PUTT MINI GOLF RULES

The OBJECT of Mini Golf is to get the ball in the hole using the LEAST amount of strokes.

DEFINITION OF A STROKE: Every time the putter touches the ball, that counts as ONE STROKE. Regardless of whether it barely rolled at all, regardless of whether you meant to do it or not … it still counts as a stroke.

If you swing and MISS entirely, we are NOT counting that as a stroke. To save face, umm … errr … we’ll call that a practice swing. (grin)

We use the HONOR SYSTEM when counting our strokes. It’s all about having fun so please don’t ruin it by cheating. Please keep track of your strokes accurately. One person in your group will be in charge of writing down the scores.

BALLS LEAVING THE PUTTING AREA: If you hit your ball too hard and it bounces OFF the putting area, you must start again from the tee. The errant shot counts as a stroke. You do NOT receive an additional penalty stroke. Your penalty is having to start from the tee again.

WHO HITS FIRST? Decide amongst your group the order on the first hole. After that, typically, the person who scored lowest on the previous hole has “Honors” (hits first). If no one scored lower on the previous hole, use the same order you used last.

WHO HITS FIRST AFTER TEEING OFF? After all have teed off, whoever is FARTHEST from the hole is the first to hit. This continues until the hole is completed.

HITTING YOUR BALL INTO ANOTHER BALL: Each of you will be issued a penny to be used as a ball marker. If you think your ball might be in the way, mark it. (replace it with the penny in the exact spot you ball sat)

The game of mini golf consists of playing a ball from the tee into the hole by a stroke or successive strokes in

accordance with the rules posted at the tournament site. This tournament will be shot gun start if we have enough

foursomes.

A. Rules of Stroke Play

1. The team who plays the 9 holes in the fewest strokes is the winner (all four team members scores will be added

together for each hole).

2. One stroke penalty if: Ball jumps fairway – play next shot from spot where ball jumped fairway. Ball is

snagged in an obstacle – free ball and play from that spot, not nearer the hole.

3. After members of party reach putting green, the one nearest the hole will putt first and continue to putt until

ball is in cup. Do not take turns on the putting greens.

B. Equipment

1. Clubs

A. All participants must use club provided. Got that @buffalobodnar

2. The Ball

A. All participants must use ball provided. (no rock substitutions steamer)

C. Player's Responsibilities

1. Players should check their score after each hole for accuracy. Scores may not be altered once the scorecard

has been turned in. Turn in one scorecard per group. Score card must be signed by team captain.

2. There will be no handicapping of scores.

3. Players should not unduly delay play.

4. The playing of practice strokes during the play of a hole or between holes is forbidden. A practice

swing is not a stroke unless the ball is hit.

5. The number of strokes a player has taken shall include penalty strokes incurred.

NO .... mulligans and gimmies? :confused24:

NO .... mulligans and gimmies? :confused24:
Now mulligan you will have to ask the chef in the kitchen for but last I checked mulligan stew was not on the menu. As far as gimmies go my son in laws brother introduced Me to that one. When ever he got within ten feet of the hole on the green, he would say, thats a gimmie, insinuating of course that he's going to get that Putt in the hole anyway. I soon learned how that worked. But when I put the ball on the tee and before driving it, picked it up back off the tee declaring thats a gimmie. He didn't quite see it the same way as when he used it. Like as if that shot wasn,t guaranteed to be a hole-in-one the nerve of him.

Now mulligan you will have to ask the chef in the kitchen for but last I checked mulligan stew was not on the menu. As far as gimmies go my son in laws brother introduced Me to that one. When ever he got within ten feet of the hole on the green, he would say, thats a gimmie, insinuating of course that he's going to get that Putt in the hole anyway. I soon learned how that worked. But when I put the ball on the tee and before driving it, picked it up back off the tee declaring thats a gimmie. He didn't quite see it the same way as when he used it. Like as if that shot wasn,t guaranteed to be a hole-in-one the nerve of him.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I bottled up 10 quarts of good ole KY apple pie this week and set it back to age for a while. I hope to keep a few to share in July I can keep everybody out of it, its gonna be my ace in the hole for the golf tournament. A few hits of that and golf balls will be flying everywhere but the hole.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

............and she waits until the last minute to book and SCORES! My own cozy little cabin with bathroom that will be finished in time for the rally. Looking forward to seeing everyone. The only thing you'll recognize is my Broom. I'll be married and retired by then so I'm sure you won't recognize me.:cool10:

............and she waits until the last minute to book and SCORES! My own cozy little cabin with bathroom that will be finished in time for the rally. Looking forward to seeing everyone. The only thing you'll recognize is my Broom. I'll be married and retired by then so I'm sure you won't recognize me.:cool10:
The cabins are great and new. Dave told me he was adding a bathroom to one but didn't know if he would get it finished in time. I think he will have bathrooms to all in the future at some time. Guess your getting the first one done..You're gonna love this new venue.. Congratulations on the marriage and the retirement. So happy that you are coming down. Lots to do there.

Are you bringing the "broom" or the "groom" hey congrats on the wedding and retirement! You look too young to retire tho.:mo money:

Craig

Thanks Craig! Just the broom, the groom works for a paving company so he's busy in the summer.

It's called GOOFY GOLF in my neck of the woods. :thumbsup2: