IGNORED

Rally @ the shores 2020 info only plz

• 3 months later...
Are there any covid related updates on this event or is it just wait and see?

At this point in time, it's all a wait and see situation. For me,, I'm looking t go ahead and keep this thing in the plan,, but border restrictions, distancing restrictions, camping lodging allowances, food availability all play a part in the decision making, as well as to the number of folks who decide to come, although I think that no matter how many or few come, it would not depend greatly on numbers.

I think the decision will be made around the first of July.

JMT

• 2 weeks later...

It sucks to drop dead just when it time to prepare for fun! aside from not being able to enjoy a free ride on turbojet chopper inside instead of latched to the skids. I find this great event gonna happen 60 miles from my sisters place Seneca Nation Reservation. Maybe I do a drive by and head on down to the Res to visit, Not hotel fees and I can camp free in the back yard!:7_6_3[1]:.

Called X2 today, will try again later on.anyone wanna go in on a cabin or site Hit me up, I bath once a year so im not contageous!:Avatars_Gee_George:

Update on RALLY @ THE SHORES........talked to Ernie...The shores is FULLY OPEN with some restrictions at this time..The hotel is OPEN.. Bathrooms are OPEN..pool will be OPEN ( restrictions at this time...10 people ).. dining room seating is CLOSED (at this time..restrictions apply... take out available for now..will probably open by our rally ). This is all good news. We are slowly opening up in this area....NEED to open the Canadian and USA border...keep your fingers crossed..WE ARE STILL A GO for the rally !!!!!! Stay safe everyone. See you there...

• 4 weeks later...

As time goes on and everyday is a new one,, so go our countries it seems, each day brings new challenges to deal with and overcome.

So, for today's hurdle:

Niagara Shores, as most of you can imagine, is finding that cash flow is not as good as they might have hoped. That is not saying that they are thinking of calling it quits, on the contrary, they are still very much into having the very best facility anywhere, but, yep!! there is always a 'but', they are finding that flexibility is kind of stiff, seeing as they had a very late start in their season and have more costs than anticipated (covid), so they need to keep their facilities as full as possible.

They are receiving a steady flow of requests for attendance at the grounds for this summer, and would hate to turn down folks because they think they are all booked and then find out that some people cancel. That would leave them with open 'room' with no revenue. To help out with this issue, they are now asking that if you plan to cancel and would like a refund on deposit, that you do so before June 23, 2020, in order to get a refund. After that date, there will not likely be any refund. This is a tough one I know, but they have to run their business as best they can with what ever tools they have at their disposal. If you don't cancel, and something comes up so that you cannot make it, their offer is there to transfer your reservation in 2021 at the same price.

A little break in all this for the Canadians. seeing as we are not sure as to when the borders will open, cancellation deadline will be the day before you are scheduled to arrive, or as things change.

This is all just a heads up as time seems to change a lot of things lately.

Hope this is all clear as concrete.

As time goes on and everyday is a new one,, so go our countries it seems, each day brings new challenges to deal with and overcome.

So, for today's hurdle:

Niagara Shores, as most of you can imagine, is finding that cash flow is not as good as they might have hoped. That is not saying that they are thinking of calling it quits, on the contrary, they are still very much into having the very best facility anywhere, but, yep!! there is always a 'but', they are finding that flexibility is kind of stiff, seeing as they had a very late start in their season and have more costs than anticipated (covid), so they need to keep their facilities as full as possible.

They are receiving a steady flow of requests for attendance at the grounds for this summer, and would hate to turn down folks because they think they are all booked and then find out that some people cancel. That would leave them with open 'room' with no revenue. To help out with this issue, they are now asking that if you plan to cancel and would like a refund on deposit, that you do so before June 23, 2020, in order to get a refund. After that date, there will not likely be any refund. This is a tough one I know, but they have to run their business as best they can with what ever tools they have at their disposal. If you don't cancel, and something comes up so that you cannot make it, their offer is there to transfer your reservation in 2021 at the same price.

A little break in all this for the Canadians. seeing as we are not sure as to when the borders will open, cancellation deadline will be the day before you are scheduled to arrive, or as things change.

This is all just a heads up as time seems to change a lot of things lately.

Hope this is all clear as concrete.

Interesting. Because of Anne's badly compromised immune system (her doc says NO TRAVELLING), we talked to Niagara Shores several weeks ago and explained that for health reasons, we were forced to cancel our room reservation. Heidi told Anne that she could not refund our payment due to lack of funds, but would put our name on a list. We have not heard further.

We’re still working it out if the marm is coming or if I’m riding solo. The rally is a few weeks prior to us moving the last kiddo out for college so we feel a little guilty leaving her here alone. We haven’t booked a room yet so depending on what I need I’ll be glad to buy out somebody’s deposit if we can arrange it.

We’re still working it out if the marm is coming or if I’m riding solo. The rally is a few weeks prior to us moving the last kiddo out for college so we feel a little guilty leaving her here alone. We haven’t booked a room yet so depending on what I need I’ll be glad to buy out somebody’s deposit if we can arrange it.
message sent...

Seeing as not all of the registered members can receive private messages, I copied the PM here as well.

Hi all.

Just a personal update on the Rally happenings. I would think that you all are wondering as to what exactly is going to be happening and how we are all going to get things in place if at all.

Happy to tell you that the rally will happen (unless the river rises). Our numbers may be a bit reduced and there may be some restrictions happening, but we will be getting together as planned.

One thing we do ask of you though is to update the calendar, so that as planners we have a better handle on who is coming, who is a maybe and those who can't make it.

If you do decide to cancel,(no problem, understood) then in order to get a refund on your deposit you will have to cancel on or before June 23. This had to be done because The Shores will need time to fill any empty spots as best they can in an effort to minimize their losses.

Presently, The Shores are working on getting refunds on the way, so if you cancelled, you could see that happen sooner than later.

For Canadians, they don't have to cancel until the week of, seeing as they have to deal with a closed border. Nice of The Shores to offer that I think.

To make it easy, here is the link to the calendar:

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/c...=2020-7-16&c=1

Any other updates will be in the thread, and to make it even easier, here's the link for that.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/s...-info-only-plz

Latest Update:

Rally will continue as planned only a little bit different.

1) Canadians will not be attending / we can't cross the border legally. If you have made a deposit with Niagara Shores, please contact them and they will issue you a refund, or extend your reservation to next year.

2) Although elected chair of this committee, I will now have to bow out. (is there a conspiracy going on here?) Guess the reins go to Big Tom.

3) For the Americans, please check your state border crossings as some may be restricted, requiring quarantine.

4) For those who can and will attend, keep up the comradely, we will all be able to see other next year.

5) Gonna miss all you guys!!! Big time!!!

Latest Update:

Rally will continue as planned only a little bit different.

1) Canadians will not be attending / we can't cross the border legally. If you have made a deposit with Niagara Shores, please contact them and they will issue you a refund, or extend your reservation to next year.

2) Although elected chair of this committee, I will now have to bow out. (is there a conspiracy going on here?) Guess the reins go to Big Tom.

3) For the Americans, please check your state border crossings as some may be restricted, requiring quarantine.

4) For those who can and will attend, keep up the comradely, we will all be able to see other next year.

5) Gonna miss all you guys!!! Big time!!!

Carl....aren't you considered "essential"....at least by Marca?

Ya'all have a great time, and you know we Canadians wish we could be there with you.

Please post pictures and a few stories for us.

Tiger Lilly said she would give me a heads up when she is going SKINNY DIPPING......Will send photos for you guys....Will that do ?

Tiger Lilly said she would give me a heads up when she is going SKINNY DIPPING......Will send photos for you guys....Will that do ?

Photos will probably be good for @dogman, but I just learned how to read words, so we will need the printed story as well,, unless that is toooo difficult for yah.