IGNORED

Navigation Upgrade for a '18 Star Venture part# 2DF-H81C0-S0-00

Nick.kurti

Sorry, haven't heard of anybody doing it but I know that even upgrading to the latest software on one already installed has been a nightmare for some. I don't think it could be that hard to install but just haven't heard of anybody doing it at this point.

Sorry, haven't heard of anybody doing it but I know that even upgrading to the latest software on one already installed has been a nightmare for some. I don't think it could be that hard to install but just haven't heard of anybody doing it at this point.

Thanks sir! just concerned that after I install the module, it'll take a special "Yamaha Dealer" tool to activate it or something along those lines.

I should think that once you install the module, the rest would be the same as what was done to other SVTC's. Buy a 16G finger drive, format it to FAT32, go to the Yamaha website, enter your "key" and download the data on to the finger drive, and then plug it into the bike. I did it myself at the dealership while the bike was being assembled from the crate. Formatting the finger-drive on a PC, in FAT 32, was the important step...

Use this thread as well...

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?138405-Yamaha-Navigation-Update

Edited by GreenMtnHunter