IGNORED

Ontario Cottage Country Ride – Sept 11 to 13

Evan

The plan is for a guy’s three day (or optional two day) ride event. Day one would be a full day scenic ride through the Muskoka area north to Lake Nipissing, near Callander. Marcarl would plan the route

(with help from Wizard765)

and lead the ride, getting us to my cottage in time for a BBQ dinner and an evening fire. For overnight accommodations, we have 3 beds in a cabin and another 3 in a RV trailer (not private or fancy), plus some room in the cottage and good facilities for those who might prefer tenting. Day two for those who can stay would be spent at the cottage with activates including swimming and boating (canoe, kayak or power). For those who prefer more riding, we are on the 300 km "Ride the North - Lake Nipissing Circle Tour" route (see www.northeasternontario/ride the north/ for more info). Day three would be another scenic ride back to Southern Ontario through the Muskoka and Kawartha Lakes area. Anyone interested can post or PM any questions or suggestions, and we will add this event to the forum Calendar.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would LOVE to but our Wedding Anniversary falls right in that time zone and our kids have something cooking and I am under strict orders to not make any plans for mid to the end of September.. You lop eared VR Kanuckian riders and friends varmints have fun out there!!:thumbsup:

Edited by cowpuc
forgot to include "varmints",, how could I do that!!

Guess seeing as I have to lead this mess, I'll be the first one at the site and that would put me closest to the cottage, and just because I know all you old farts will be tired from the ride and will want accommodations close to your scoot, I will walk the distance to the cottage and use the extra bed in the cottage, meantime, I can keep an eye on the regular occupant and keep him from sneaking around, maybe!

Guess seeing as I have to lead this mess, I'll be the first one at the site and that would put me closest to the cottage, and just because I know all you old farts will be tired from the ride and will want accommodations close to your scoot, I will walk the distance to the cottage and use the extra bed in the cottage, meantime, I can keep an eye on the regular occupant and keep him from sneaking around, maybe!

Oops - guess I should have stipulated “no loud snorers” for the rider occupying the second bedroom in our cottage, the one with thin wall separating my bedroom. Oh well, I do have some sleeping pills.

I would be interested in attending this little get together but I would be caging it. Also I’m not sure how I’ll be feeling after my 1st Chemo treatment, September 4th. This would be a week later, 7 days, so if I could be a maybe? I’d like to say I’m in.

:auto:

I would be interested in attending this little get together but I would be caging it. Also I’m not sure how I’ll be feeling after my 1st Chemo treatment, September 4th. This would be a week later, 7 days, so if I could be a maybe? I’d like to say I’m in.

:auto:

I was stinking about,,,aahhhh,,, thinking about you today and was going to suggest that you join us. Let's pray that you'll be good enough to join us.

Oops - guess I should have stipulated “no loud snorers” for the rider occupying the second bedroom in our cottage, the one with thin wall separating my bedroom. Oh well, I do have some sleeping pills.

Don't know of anybody around that out paces you in that category,,, but if it;s a contest you want, check with Saddlebum,, he always wants to be #1 .

Don't know of anybody around that out paces you in that category,,, but if it;s a contest you want, check with Saddlebum,, he always wants to be #1 .
I am going to have to back down on that challenge. I have it from a reliable source that on the rare occasion that I begin to snore, I stop myself by changing positions.

You must be getting old,,,,, backing down from a challenge!!
I must admit Some challenges like this particular one are just too strenuous. Times like this its best to fold em and leave it to those who have the greater expertise when it comes to sleeping and snoring, specially those who throw in daily naps to help fine tune their snoring skills.

BTW there is a big difference between wanting to be #1 and just plain being #1 at somethings that come naturally like being a great hugger.:bighug:

On the snoring front however there is some pretty stiff competition to which I know I could not hold a candle, so no point in even entering. Best to save my energy for other things that I may be better suited for.

Edited by saddlebum

I have it from a reliable source that I may snore, although I still have a hard time believing it because I have never heard said snoring for myself. As far as hugging goes, get me a couple "beverages"and we can talk about it

We will have beverages so can can talk about that.

I have it from a reliable source that I may snore, although I still have a hard time believing it because I have never heard said snoring for myself. As far as hugging goes, get me a couple "beverages"and we can talk about it
I had trouble convincing a certain someone re: her snoring so I made a recording. That certain someone to this day claims it was not her but that I recorded the cat and claimed it was her.

Oh and it didn't work out so well for: Avatars_Gee_George:

Edited by saddlebum

A bit more info: as it stands, Marcarl, Saddlebum and Greez007 have spoken for beds. Dogman hopes to join us if his RV trip to the east coast is delayed. Wizard765 hopes to join us if his Millenium is ready. stickhandle2 hopes to join us if he can get the time off. Garyn sends regrets due to an appointment that he was not able to change. The Touch may cage it in his new Mustang. Sleepy2 has no more vacation time. And Cowpuc thinks he should attend his wedding anniversary party.

Marcarl is still working on on the route with suggestions from Wizard765 but it will be an all day ride on great biking roads through cottage country.

I suggest we ride an hour or so to Port Loring for breakfast or brunch on Thursday at Jakes Place (just search Jakes Place Restaurant). It’s a great breakfast and lunch only place where “lots of good people eat there”. It is also on the Lake Nipissing circle tour route for those who want to complete the two hour (plus stops) recommended ride around the Lake (see the site mentioned in my initial post).

Oh, and did I say maybe fishing for those who do that. Lake Nipissing is noted for good fishing.

The plan is for a guy’s three day (or optional two day) ride event. Day one would be a full day scenic ride through the Muskoka area north to Lake Nipissing, near Callander. Marcarl would plan the route

(with help from Wizard765)

and lead the ride, getting us to my cottage in time for a BBQ dinner and an evening fire. For overnight accommodations, we have 3 beds in a cabin and another 3 in a RV trailer (not private or fancy), plus some room in the cottage and good facilities for those who might prefer tenting. Day two for those who can stay would be spent at the cottage with activates including swimming and boating (canoe, kayak or power). For those who prefer more riding, we are on the 300 km "Ride the North - Lake Nipissing Circle Tour" route (see www.northeasternontario/ride the north/ for more info). Day three would be another scenic ride back to Southern Ontario through the Muskoka and Kawartha Lakes area. Anyone interested can post or PM any questions or suggestions, and we will add this event to the forum Calendar.

So far to sum it and organize things:

Those going:

Evan

Saddlebum

Grez007

MarCarl

Tooch

Maybe's

Wizard765

Dogman

No's

GaryN

Cowpuc (some excuse!!)

Sleepy2

Stickhandle

So at this point in time, that would be 5 yesis

Edited by Marcarl

A bit more planning info:

As mentioned, Marcarl will plan the route and lead us on an all day ride through cottage country with meetup options along the way, getting us to my cottage for bbq dinner, although if there is a consensus when we get there, we can ride 15 km into Callander where we could have our own group table at Lu Lu’s which is a great eating place.

Thurs morning breakfast ride (about 40 min) to Jakes in Port Loring (see Jake’s Place Restaurant)

If anyone wants to do the half day Ride Around Lake Nippissing tour, just continue heading east from Jakes

The rest of us will return to the cottage to tell lies (I mean stories) or fish or ?? or for anyone interested, ride into North Bay where the Chief Commanda leaves at 1:30 for a 1 1/2 hour cruise, or ride on the Heritage Railway and Carousel in North Bay (see site).

BBQ dinner

There is a good general store close by that also has beer/LCBO outlet

As mentioned, have 3 beds in trailer and 3 in bunkie (not private or fancy) plus good tenting accommodation if anyone prefers that

Also have several sleeping bags and loads of blankets (but few sheets) unless you prefer packing your own.

For those who want to bomb home instead of following Carl on more great biking roads, we are about 350 km to Toronto

So, let’s all do a NO RAIN dance!

As promised, here I am or we are!

Sept 11th, in the morning.

8 am Leave my 'ouse at 8 am.

9 am Campbellville Ice House gas bar

10 am Mono Mills Timmies

10.30 am Stayner Timmies

11 am Orillia Timmies at Monarch Drive

I think that should accommodate ya'll

Expect to see me arrive 15 minutes early to 15 minutes late or so. I would like to leave Orillia about 11:30 or so.

From Orillia we head to Bala>>>>almost to Parry Sound and then meander over to Burk's Falls area. From there it's straight around the corner over the hill through the valley to Rockview Road.