IGNORED

Saddlebag won't unlatch

As the title says, my left saddlebag won't open. The button pushes down and springs back up but nothing happens and it doesn't take as much effort to push it down as the other bag. I've read some of the posts on the forum and tried some of the methods. I'm sure I'm going to have to either drive the hinge pin out (Is that possible?), cut it with a dremel, or drill the hinge pin out. What method do you guys recommend? Thanks!

It can on a 2nd gen.

:banana::banana: OMG! You are correct, Sir! It was locked and I thought the unlocked position was the locked position because it was much harder to push than the other side. Oh well, senility is setting in. Perhaps I should get a 3 wheeled pedal trike? I suppose a little lube is in order to make sure the locks work well on all the luggage. Thanks for helping a senile old fart!

Good thing you didn't suggest the other way to open the lid of a saddlebag....which is to drill.

Always start with the simple things. Why do you think when you call support they ask "is it plugged in?", "have you rebooted?". Always the simple to start.