IGNORED

Rest in Peace BongoBob

Freebird

Just wanted to add a thread to this forum because the watering hole gets purged from time to time and I want all our departed members to be forever remembered. Doubt that I'll make Bob's funeral though I would desperately like to. Rest in Peace our friend. You will be missed.

Just wanted to add a thread to this forum because the watering hole gets purged from time to time and I want all our departed members to be forever remembered. Doubt that I'll make Bob's funeral though I would desperately like to. Rest in Peace our friend. You will be missed.

It was an amazing funeral for a very special guy with huge turnout of Patriot Guard Riders:

E6EA9F4F-B791-4245-ADE4-82A463724460.jpg24844AC6-0B5C-4304-B878-5D01E4683FB9.jpg

Tip and I really wanted to make it too but life got in the way. Thank you for posting this up in a more permanent location Boss, Bongo was truly one of kind and his love for our club and his fellow man will never be forgotten. Rest in peace Bongo as you enjoy the presence of the Lord you loved and served brother. Prayers Up and condolences for Becky, family and friends as they/we work thru the grieving process.

DSCN0255.JPGDSCN0256.JPGDSCN0257.JPGDSCN5624.JPGDSCN5600.JPGDSCN5585.JPGDSCN5580.JPGDSCN5571.JPGDSCN5630.JPGDSCN5635.JPGDSCN5785.JPG

The funeral was small but quite the ceremony as Bob Was first honored by the military for his service to his country followed by a respectful tribute by the Patriot Guard riders as they paid their respects and finally an organized tribute line by the rest of us as we paid our respects to a Man that was a friend a patriot and probably one of the most helpful people I ever had the pleasure of getting to know. The funeral procession was all that he deserved as his glass motorcycle drawn hearse was led by a motorcade of motorcycle riders both Patriot guard followed by Venture riders and then followed by friends and relatives in cars. I was glad I was able to be there as we laid his body to rest. Fare thee well Bongbobny as you take your promised place by the Father above.

The funeral was small but quite the ceremony as Bob Was first honored by the military for his service to his country followed by a respectful tribute by the Patriot Guard riders as they paid their respects and finally an organized tribute line by the rest of us as we paid our respects to a Man that was a friend a patriot and probably one of the most helpful people I ever had the pleasure of getting to know. The funeral procession was all that he deserved as his glass motorcycle drawn hearse was led by a motorcade of motorcycle riders both Patriot guard followed by Venture riders and then followed by friends and relatives in cars. I was glad I was able to be there as we laid his body to rest. Fare thee well Bongbobny as you take your promised place by the Father above.

Right on Ben. And to add, I posted a couple pics of the motorcycle drawn Hearst and Patriot Guard near the beginning of this thread.

I had the privilege to enjoy lunch with his pastor. I remarked to him that I was totally impressed how his part of the service was not so Bob focused as it was how his Lord and Savior worked through him and how he allowed that to happen. A true witness as to how Bob would have wanted the funeral to be. The words 'may he rest in peace' may be superseded with 'I am now waiting impatiently for you to join me.' Let us look forward to that time and plan the route to get there.

Becky,,,, glad you have the Comforter by your side, lean on Him, and don't be afraid to ask for more from us, you will be in our prayers for sometime yet.

Bob, you will be missed by all of us who knew you. You where a kind and welcoming person to everyone you spoke with. I am thankful and a better person from getting to know you and be around you.

God Bless you Bob in your new Home.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all..Been off the grid for awhile..

Got the sad news of Bob's passing.

He was one of the happiest guys I have ever met.

Always willing to lend a hand....

You will be missed big time buddy...

Prayers to Becky and the family.....

Here is a couple of my favorite memories of Bob from MD 2011...

100_0574 (640x480).jpg

100_0575.JPG

100_0554.JPG

I met Bob and his wife when they came to Murray, Ky. to get his bike triked at Hannigan's. I loaned him my RSV so they could enjoy riding locally while they were in the area. We talked about our service time in VN as well as our families. I agree with all. He was one of the good guys. That was the one and only time our paths crossed.