IGNORED

Helmet to Helmet Intercom

Red Ryder

Hey all, went out riding today and realized, 10 days before our trip, that our Helmet to Helmet from the Harley Ultra will not work on the RSV.

Can ride without it, but prefer music, and to talk back and forth with CB thru the mic's.

Anyone know where to get rider & passenger headsets with cords for a Great Deal?

Thanks-

Dion, No they do not.

Checked on a 7 pin female to 5 pin male, but no luck. Sierra Electronics said HD uses some electrical output that is different for Yamaha. So just a cable will not work.

J&M makes a headset that will work for HD, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki. You just add the 7 pin or 5 pin cords for helmet to bike. But not being cheap, well yes I am, it is $200 per headset with both cords.

That is a great solution, but this close to trip cannot afford that much right now.

Later-

Hey all, went out riding today and realized, 10 days before our trip, that our Helmet to Helmet from the Harley Ultra will not work on the RSV.

Can ride without it, but prefer music, and to talk back and forth with CB thru the mic's.

Anyone know where to get rider & passenger headsets with cords for a Great Deal?

Thanks-

Sent you a PM.

:farmer:

Dion, No they do not.

Checked on a 7 pin female to 5 pin male, but no luck. Sierra Electronics said HD uses some electrical output that is different for Yamaha. So just a cable will not work.

J&M makes a headset that will work for HD, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki. You just add the 7 pin or 5 pin cords for helmet to bike. But not being cheap, well yes I am, it is $200 per headset with both cords.

That is a great solution, but this close to trip cannot afford that much right now.

Later-

Heck at that price go wireless with SENa or one of those units. I have the SMH 10 (which is a little older now) and they work great. Wont help you for bike radio unless you get a blue tooth transmitter. I think I still have my 5 pin plugin to 3.5 output adapter here somewhere.

Thank You Dion, yes, that is alot of money. But could see advantages of wireless headsets.

A member here, so Graciously is sending me his extra set.

Only need one more set up for rider.

That's what is so great about this site, we are more like family.

Thank You all again, Later-

Looked at the wire diagram for the HD vs RSV. Looks like they run 2 shields separate and a 2 wire mic. Which would give the 7 pin. I will admit I didnt study it real hard. I have some 5 pin plugs if your feeling froggy and want to give it a shot. Maybe use a couple jumper wires and see if you can make it work, then cut it off and solder in the 5 pin.

Looked at the wire diagram for the HD vs RSV. Looks like they run 2 shields separate and a 2 wire mic. Which would give the 7 pin. I will admit I didnt study it real hard. I have some 5 pin plugs if your feeling froggy and want to give it a shot. Maybe use a couple jumper wires and see if you can make it work, then cut it off and solder in the 5 pin.

Hey Dion, that would be interesting if it worked out. I think J&M or another said that wouldn't work because Harley has an electrical component that Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki does not.

But then again, that could be part of there sales pitch. I would be glad to give it a try. Later-