IGNORED

Riding Days may be nearing an end

Freebird

I don't know. Today was bad again. Had a stairlift repair early this morning. Had to leave the house around 7:30. Did ok and got the job done. Headed home and got very light headed again. Had to really concentrate on the drive home. Everything started feeling very bright. Don't know how else to describe it. Like you feel just before passing out.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure your doctor has already looked into this but you aren’t taking any type of anti inflammatory or NSAID, like Ibuprofen or Naproxen are you? They will mess with most BP meds.

I hope your doctor gets to the bottom of this and fixes you all up, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don, I pray all works out. Stay on top of it and don't let it get you down.

Be careful on the IBA ride. Do not hesitate to call it off if problems arise. I understand the need to get out and do one. A SS1000 just makes me feel great. For the first time I had to abort one last week (hurt my feeling) because I have put off neck surgery resulting in my right arm hurting big time while on the bars. I was able to deal with it while riding the Dalton but much worse just 5 weeks later. I am setting up the surgery asap.

The talk on here has been a lot about BP. The docs seem to want 120s/80s. I told my primary care doc, hell, my BP has never been that low even in my 20s. My cardiologist was not at all concerned with it in the 140s over high 70s or even mid 80s. My stress test was excellent. I am 70. I am taking Lisinopril and Amlodipine Besylate. From what I have read at my age sometimes when they try to tweak the numbers too low there is interference with our other meds. The Mayo Clinic site seemed to be not too concerned if not over 150/90.

Sometimes I think these docs are like an expert race car engine builder needing everything perfect. I'm just an old sedan with 100,000 miles on me. I burn a little oil, muffler not as good any more, and I leak some fluid. So, I won't be trying to run 200 at Dayton or break into the 12s in quarter (or even 15s).

Don, take care and don't leave any stone unturned.

Don, sorry to hear this health news, and thank you for sharing. I hope the concern being shown will help your spirits in some way.

Also hope your insurance issue gets resolved and if not that you can hold off without any health issues getting worse for the one month wait.

Be safe and you are in my prayers.

Hi Don

Sorry to hear about your Health Issues, all meds are not created equal and affect everyone in different ways.

Stress plays havoc on our bodies and minds as well you could be stressed and not even realize it when I was going thru my separation 8 years ago i had gone thru dizzy episodes as you described sometimes bad enough while driving I had to pull over on the side of the road and breath deeply until it subsided the dizziness went away once that chapter of my life closed.

This spring I had been Diagnosed with HBP when they caught it I had a 103 deg fever with a sinus infection and a BP of 250/150. I was immediately prescribed BP meds and 4 months later I am on my 3rd different family of BP med due to Side effects, the first prescription worked great at controlling the BP but left me with a constant dry cough as the SE, second Prescription would not control the BP at all it never came down any lower than 145/110 at the max suggested dose, I am on my 3rd prescription now and has worked great for the last 3 weeks then all of a sudden I have balloon ankles feet and hands the amalodopine caused this side effect. Awaiting for the next appt to see what else the Dr can prescribe.

Dizziness was listed as a possible side effect in all the meds I was prescribed especially when first waking up in the morning I experienced these effects a few times and dizziness when first starting a new Prescription, but no where near what you described.

Our metabolism changes as we age and this will effect how our bodies react to synthetic medication, all of a sudden we have an allergic reaction to something that never bothered us before.

So hang in there my friend it could be just a Med change or your body has built up an immunity/abundance to your current BP Med.

I’ve had dizziness issues since my open heart surgery in 07. They come and go and happen suddenly without warning. They spooked me to the point of giving up riding,but I just couldn’t do it so I ended up on a trike. I’m pretty happy on the trike,so don’t rule one out. Anyway good luck with your decision!