IGNORED

clutch still leaking

I posted before about my clutch leaking at the leaver. As recommended I cleaned out the reservoir and replaced the parts. However, still have a leak, not near as bad but enough that after a ride I have to refill.

Let set and when I rubbed my finger under the leaver at the connection I get fluid.

Thinking I may need to replace the reservoir?

Thanks again,

labill

If you’ve rebuilt the master cylinder, and confident you did it right, then yes that’s about all that left. Not sure why.

Ive rebuilt hundreds of them. Never saw one go bad. But that doesn’t mean this is a first.

I am sure I did. I put the new parts back in the way the old ones came out.

The diagram in the large repair book does not help. If there is a better picture of one together could point me in the right direction. No harm in double checking.

Thanks,

labill

Its been over honed!

2 choices (yes there are other ways) replace the casting or go to a O-ring supply house and ask for the next size up and again the next size above that one. Check as well that the hone is not too course or too Tall, and that it is round.

Went and cleaned it up a little and retightened everything, no little leaks like before but that's just sitting. Been too hot to ride but as soon as I can I will know.

Thanks for all the help.

labill