IGNORED

I blogged on the Venture Riders

GrahamLFCkeeper

OH we can be "Ducks" too but you know its kinda like we all sleep in the same bunkhouse so we just got's to figure a way to turn the squabble into a pillow fight till that is; Dad (the fellow above) yells across the farm yard, turns the bunkhouse breaker off just when the squabble gets interesting and without further warning;) stick around you'll see!

Of course if you haven't visited North American early style settlements you likely haven't a clue to this picture I painted?

And true enough we do enjoy a newbie stumbling in with what only appears to be a problem and us, being the civil mature X everythin we just naturally likes to help folks! It's just what Duckheads like us do!

Speaking of Scotland, now just the past month or so we had the opportunity to help out a nice fellow from the Highlands; why he was so grateful he wished upon us many Highland expressions, thanks and good wishes (we think) guessing the forums out that way just don't speak a courteous Duck? hmm

Well welcome to the Hotel California its a lovely space!

Patch

Nice Blog Graham! I read quite a lot of it, Stockton must have changed quite a bit as regards motorcycling from when I lived there.

Back then it was mostly sport bikes that were most popular. Heck some weekends you couldn't move on that Stokesly/ Helmsley road & then all those restrictions were put on it. I assume they are still in force?

For those that don't know that road is a gorgeous country road full of twists, turns, dips & rises but it became so popular (& sadly notorious for accidents) that speed limits were reduced, huge warning signs were erected & speed cameras were installed along its length, policing became overbearing. It often wasn't possible to drive through the local villages without seeing a hapless bike rider "pulled over" by the LEO's. (or "Plod" as they are "affectionately" known in the UK)

Enjoy your bikes Graham, sounds as though you do!

Extremely well-written Blog, Graham. In the brief time you've been with us, we've always enjoyed reading your comments.

We'd add one thing: the 'Glue' that holds our beloved Forum together is Administrator Don Nelson. He never seeks compliments, but is 'way more than deserving of same. He's the main reason we enjoy being a Member.

You'll discover this as you hopefully continue to hang around.

Rgds, Wordpecker

Nice Blog Graham! I read quite a lot of it, Stockton must have changed quite a bit as regards motorcycling from when I lived there.

Back then it was mostly sport bikes that were most popular. Heck some weekends you couldn't move on that Stokesly/ Helmsley road & then all those restrictions were put on it. I assume they are still in force?

For those that don't know that road is a gorgeous country road full of twists, turns, dips & rises but it became so popular (& sadly notorious for accidents) that speed limits were reduced, huge warning signs were erected & speed cameras were installed along its length, policing became overbearing. It often wasn't possible to drive through the local villages without seeing a hapless bike rider "pulled over" by the LEO's. (or "Plod" as they are "affectionately" known in the UK)

Enjoy your bikes Graham, sounds as though you do!

The 'Helmsley TT' road is much quieter these days...

No speed cameras anymore and you are lucky to see 'plod' at all in the UK these days... I think the main reason it's so quiet now is the road surface is appalling and probably hasn't been tended to since you left! Unfortunately there are still far too many people getting killed on that road (two collided just the other week) despite the huge warning sign as you enter from the Stokesley side telling you how many deaths in the last 5 years (its at about 90).

If you take it easy it's still a great road though

• 3 weeks later...