IGNORED

saga continues

So the PO had broken the weld on the side stand loop, without which it's a bear to get that thing down, so I removed the stand and had a buddy weld the loop back on. well in the process, cuz I had to remove the shift linkage from the tranny to get the side stand bolt out, I learned the shifter linkage screw was ready to fall out. That was a freakish discovery, as I had just returned from a 90 mile ride--could have been stranded stuck in like 3rd gear or something! funny how things happen. Anyway, tightened the linkage screw (think it's a T30 torx), but now I'm paranoid that other stuff is loose on my 23 year old bike. Guess I'll spend more time going over every fastener I can reach. Reminds me of my dirt bike days.

A lost shift linkage screw has been reported by several RS Venture riders. I'm not sure about your cycle but on the Venture there is a bolt on the side cover (the one under the seat, chrome on your bike) that is for decoration only. It can replace the shift linkage bolt in a pinch. Good luck with your new ride.