IGNORED

Absolutely lame OEM horn

Sorry guys but I got to say it, what was Mother Yamaha thinking by having a small snail horn that looks down, I guess that sound waves bounce? But it's almost mute and so I had some aftermarket horns on the shelf (that point outwards) and tried all of them and they just won't fit into that little space or were no louder than the wimp of a horn that came stock. What say you?

Sorry guys but I got to say it, what was Mother Yamaha thinking by having a small snail horn that looks down, I guess that sound waves bounce? But it's almost mute and so I had some aftermarket horns on the shelf (that point outwards) and tried all of them and they just won't fit into that little space or were no louder than the wimp of a horn that came stock. What say you?

I mounted a Wolo from Harbor Freight. I fabricated an 'L' bracket and mounted it where the old horn was located. It sets out a little farther than the original but not much. I think CarbonOne makes a bracket. Very loud and fairly easy to install.

There are knock off types available on e-bay too. I have bought a couple of those and had good luck. But I have yet to hear an OEM bike horn thats worth a crap. They all sound like crickets, some might be mad crickets but still.....

I also bought a couple of good horns online, one in particular claimed 130 decibels and pretty much works as advertised on my other bike. it's around 6" in dia, which won't fit in the space for RS horn, unless I figure a new location. Also, I don't really want to add longer wire to what's there. I'll go to HF and check out the Wolo horn. hopefully it's reasonably priced like most of their stuff.

• 3 weeks later...