I'm trying to decide between the Yahama heated backrest or going with third party. Leaning towards Yahama's because heated is nice and I like the way it looks more than other options I've seen. My fear is that it isn't that much taller than the standard one and I'm worry that it won't give me enough extra support to make a difference.

If anyone has Yahama's one, I'd sure appreciate hearing what you think of it. Does it offer enough greater comfort to justify picking it over other options?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to decide between the Yahama heated backrest or going with third party. Leaning towards Yahama's because heated is nice and I like the way it looks more than other options I've seen. My fear is that it isn't that much taller than the standard one and I'm worry that it won't give me enough extra support to make a difference.

If anyone has Yahama's one, I'd sure appreciate hearing what you think of it. Does it offer enough greater comfort to justify picking it over other options?

Thanks

I have it on mine have put 20000 KMS since last year and I like it also makes it easier than a taller one for my wife to get on and off

The Corbin is heated but I think it only works on their seat., I have the Utopia and love it. No way would the Yamaha one be high enough to suit me. I do have the Corbin passenger backrest and it came heated. One other note, it does fold forward to make it easier for the passenger to get on.

The Corbin is heated but I think it only works on their seat., I have the Utopia and love it. No way would the Yamaha one be high enough to suit me. I do have the Corbin passenger backrest and it came heated. One other note, it does fold forward to make it easier for the passenger to get on.
Thanks for chimming in. One saving grace for Yamaha option could be that being only 5'6, I'm probably shorter than you.

Yea, I'm 6'3. Not sure it really matters though. I think it boils down to where you need the support. I like putting my feet out on the highway pegs and really leaning back against the backrest. It just saves my back from a lot of pain. I think it depends more on where you need the support than how tall you are. Besides, most of my height is in my legs, not the waist up.

• 3 years later...

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2018 Transcontinental and am loving it so far. I found the Yamaha stock driver taller heated back rest. Anyone replaced one or have any tips on the install?  I took the seat off thinking it would be a 5 minute job but with all the plastic crap, and having to meet some friends I stopped before I broke anything.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I just saw this and you probably have it on already. It's not as hard as it looks. I took a pic of the wire routing, then disassembled the stock one and installed the new higher one. My issue is, neither one is straight enough to support your back properly. You have to lean back into it, which eliminates the support factor.

• 4 months later...

I had the Yamaha stock tall heated backrest for a few months, then I decided to get the Utopia backrest instead. I had one of theirs on my 2003 Midnight Venture that I liked pretty well.  So far the Utopia backrest on my 2018 is doing great.  If anyone is in the market to purchase a near new tall heated backrest look me up.