IGNORED

Windshield

@Rasa just wanted to let you know that the windshield arrived today. It is installed and ready to go. I know it's going to be too short for me but at least I have a windshield to use until mine gets back from Clearview. Thanks much my friend.

For those who may have missed it. I took my windshield off and sent it to Clearview. They are going to use it as a base pattern to make a wider shield for the SVTC. RASA had a medium in the classifieds for sale. He made me a good deal on it so I bought it so that I wouldn't be without a shield while mine is gone.

Can't wait to see what Clearview comes up with.

Right after I got the lawn cut, it rained cats and dogs today...so, I went to the Sugar House (garage) and dug out an old, heavy, Memphis Shades windshield I had removed from my R* when I bought a full fairing.

Cut, drilled, used some leftover tinting from my son's truck (he's gonna get ticket someday...) and this is what I came up with. It DOES not solve any issue for those who want a wide shield....Down, up, front and back, then with the stock shield resting atop the modification....

Front:Up IMG_5378.JPGFront Down IMG_5377.JPGBack:up IMG_5374.JPGBack:down IMG_5375.JPGEye level

Eye level in seat IMG_5380.JPGover lay - behind IMG_5382.JPGOverlay - front IMG_5379.JPG

Well, I definitely want a wider shield because I think they make a huge difference in wind buffeting, especially for the passenger. That looks good though. You did a great job.

Thanks! This is just to hold me over till your prototype becomes reality! I like the lower Eluder shield, but I'm waiting to see options before I spend cash...

Next, I plan to get the heat gun out and put a little bent in the top three inches...back to work tomorrow - next weekend...