IGNORED

Helping out a VR friend/brother w/ Progressive Rear Shock..

cowpuc

Here ya go Ray ( @MoonShine ), hope this helps in some small way brother!!

Text from Youtube post:

A good friend of mine is working on replacing the rear mono shock on his early model Venture with an aftermarket Progressive Rear Shock. His question to me was whether or not the Progressive mono was suppose to have bushings to fill the gap between the top shock body mount and the mount on the frame. He also mentioned that the I.D. of the upper mount on the shock (its a bearing journal) seemed larger than the OEM mono and that the OEM mounting bolt was to small. He was wondering if I had any experience with the Progressive and would happen to know if he was missing a set of bushings. My initial reply to him was one of that I thought the Progressive did indeed come with bushings that would tighten the gap and also allow for stock mounting bolt usage. Hey Ray, I did find my old Progressive shock and, as shown in the video, got some measurements that you may find useful brother. I also thought this video may or may not be of assistance to anyone else out there in YouTube land and/or one of our other club members at VentureRider.org. Hope this helps someone in some small way! Puc

Hey Puc

Thanks for your help on the bushing dimensions and awesome video! I believe the one We both have had a part number of 465-1114, which became 420-1014. Both are no longer produced.

Ray

Here ya go Ray ( MoonShine ), hope this helps in some small way brother!!

Text from Youtube post:

A good friend of mine is working on replacing the rear mono shock on his early model Venture with an aftermarket Progressive Rear Shock. His question to me was whether or not the Progressive mono was suppose to have bushings to fill the gap between the top shock body mount and the mount on the frame. He also mentioned that the I.D. of the upper mount on the shock (its a bearing journal) seemed larger than the OEM mono and that the OEM mounting bolt was to small. He was wondering if I had any experience with the Progressive and would happen to know if he was missing a set of bushings. My initial reply to him was one of that I thought the Progressive did indeed come with bushings that would tighten the gap and also allow for stock mounting bolt usage. Hey Ray, I did find my old Progressive shock and, as shown in the video, got some measurements that you may find useful brother. I also thought this video may or may not be of assistance to anyone else out there in YouTube land and/or one of our other club members at VentureRider.org. Hope this helps someone in some small way! Puc

You are more than welcome Moonshine, glad to help! Hope you are successful in producing the missing bushings and in the end, you and your scoot get to get out and CTFW for miles and miles of smiles and smiles brother!!:thumbsup: