IGNORED

Little bit of a 'pucker' moment this morning

bpate4home

Riding to work this morning (5:30) came across the remnants of a shredded tire. While i missed most of it I hit one of the larger pieces that was in a shadow of the street light. At 75 that was . . . . . . Lets just say interesting. Kept it upright but where I was at there was no immediate area to pull off. Got to a decent spot with in a 1/2 mile. I believe it's the Oil cooler line in front of the oil filter but anyway they got pushed back into the oil filter unseating it and oil was everywhere. Bike was throwing error codes 11 and 90. The electric assist motor was not working. Finally go towed to the mechanics place. Told them to go through everything with a fine toothed comb. Should know more tomorrow.

Capture.jpg

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, that coulda been wayyy worse brother - glad your ok!! Hopefully the final tally on the scoot will be nothing more than an oil change with a new filter and then some clean up putting you and your steed right back out there doing what we should all be doing = CTFW!! :thumbsup:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, that coulda been wayyy worse brother - glad your ok!! Hopefully the final tally on the scoot will be nothing more than an oil change with a new filter and then some clean up putting you and your steed right back out there doing what we should all be doing = CTFW!! :thumbsup:

Thank you Sir. I honestly love the way the SVTC handles. I think the Gen2 I was riding last year would have made the ride a lot worse. Keeping fingers crossed on no major issues.

WOW That could have been way worse. I was going south on I 95 by Coco Fl. The lanes got narrowed down to 2 for a good distance and backed up with cars and I had a car hauler in front of me. We got to the end of the construction and a few hundred feet past there I had switched lanes and I heard something funny and then smoke and out comes big ole chunks of tire

Good News, bent oil cooler line (corrected) New filer / oil of course. The odd ball was the tread kicked up and damaged some of the wiring (haven't look at what wiring yet) but repaired/replaced that. $280 and she's all set. Now the shop did degrease it fairly well but I need to detail it now.

The next thing is to look at fab'ing some form of cover plate. The Oil filter and oil cooler lines are awfully vulnerable. It makes it easy to change the oil filter but if we can prevent this type of damage we should. If this would have happened in a more remote area . . . . Goal is to make it relatively easy to remove too. Even something with a wire lined zip tie connection could work. Anyone have any thoughts?