IGNORED

Rear Tire Input...

Well, the right size for your rear tire would 140/90/16 but I suppose a 130 would fit.

I ran the Kenda Challengers on my XJ bikes and they ride nice but wear fairly quickly. What kind and how much riding do plan on? One Up, weekend kinda thing or two up, loaded road trips?

Years ago I experimented with cheap tires and found that they didn't last very long and the cost and hassle of changing them made them a lot less "cheap". I finally just decided to stick with Metzeler because they lasted much longer than the others.

zag

Well, the right size for your rear tire would 140/90/16 but I suppose a 130 would fit.

I ran the Kenda Challengers on my XJ bikes and they ride nice but wear fairly quickly. What kind and how much riding do plan on? One Up, weekend kinda thing or two up, loaded road trips?

Crap, thanks for the Heads Up, Luvmy...

Years ago I experimented with cheap tires and found that they didn't last very long and the cost and hassle of changing them made them a lot less "cheap". I finally just decided to stick with Metzeler because they lasted much longer than the others.

zag

Zagger,

I can definitely appreciate that. And ultimately that will be my goal. My initial reason to get a "decent" tire like that of what luvmy40 recommended is to get it road worthy so I can do exactly that. Get it back on the road, drive the cobwebs out of it, and ensure there aren't any little gremlins been hiding that I would only be able to detect driving her. Once I get her fully restored I will be investing in a better lasting tire both front and back. Thank you for the input.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Zagger,

I can definitely appreciate that. And ultimately that will be my goal. My initial reason to get a "decent" tire like that of what luvmy40 recommended is to get it road worthy so I can do exactly that. Get it back on the road, drive the cobwebs out of it, and ensure there aren't any little gremlins been hiding that I would only be able to detect driving her. Once I get her fully restored I will be investing in a better lasting tire both front and back. Thank you for the input.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

When I'm only on two wheels I'll spend a little more money.

Rubber is wayyyy cheaper than skin!!