IGNORED

Pain of selling a bike... The comedy of finding a new one

GrahamLFCkeeper

Well the VN1500 has been sold. I hate selling any bike, i always get attached to my bikes.

It's always comedy trying to find a new one. Ebay is ridiculous. Isn't it amazing how many people are 'emigrating' or' leaving the country'.... 'Hence sale' 😂 (Maybe you don't get that in North America as your nations are the so big?)

Also... 'Few scratches as seen in pics'..... Checks pics... Nope can't see any....

I moan but its fun... We buy bikes that 'need tidying' and then move them on if we can for a bit of extra pocket money.

Well the VN1500 has been sold. I hate selling any bike, i always get attached to my bikes.

It's always comedy trying to find a new one. Ebay is ridiculous. Isn't it amazing how many people are 'emigrating' or' leaving the country'.... 'Hence sale' 😂 (Maybe you don't get that in North America as your nations are the so big?)

Also... 'Few scratches as seen in pics'..... Checks pics... Nope can't see any....

I moan but its fun... We buy bikes that 'need tidying' and then move them on if we can for a bit of extra pocket money.

They are probably telling the truth though, there's a huge lot more arriving here (NZ) than there used to be, even just a few years ago.

You have no idea how many hours and gallons of gasoline I have wasted checking out Face Book and Craig's List adds that show a nice picture that turns out to be 20-30 years old and what they actually have is a pile of parts or a basket case rusting next to the driveway.

Keep looking though. It finally paid off for me when I found a truly beautiful specimen of the '86 Royale variety on FB Market Place fairly close to home.

I know,, it's another flaw in my vastly flawed character but I always found the looking for em, looking at em (even junk), chatting with PO's and shopping for em really really fun,, almost to an addiction on my part... Weird eh..:big-grin-emoticon:

I just put my 3/4 ton dodge up on craigs list. First couple days got 3 or 4 e-mails, I did not put personal E-mail or phone # in ad. 3 of the responses were some sort of "I have trouble with CL email, whats your e-mail to communicate directly. LOL Yea like I'm gonna do that. A week later nothing. Oh and an ad to sell something is no longer free on there.

Well I've made a very left field purchase... A Hayabusa

I just couldn't turn it down for the price it was going for (The joy of Ebay when you get a bargain!) .. There is actually some left in the Kitty to allow me to keep an eye on the Gen 1... Though that's why I hate reserves!

To clarify the RSV Gen 2 is still there! This is my 2nd bike!