IGNORED

'93 paint colors

Hi everyone. after searching all over, the only paint colors i've found for the 93 venture are 2 tone blue and maroon. my '93 is a 2 tone brown/ beige color, and i need some touch up paint.

does anyone have paint codes for this bike? venture resized.jpg

I was afraid you were gonna say that. There are some signs that this bike may have been down on the left side before, I'm wondering if the body panels weren't swapped for another bike.

I've seen a few 88s come up and n a image search that are the same color.

Well damn. I need to get some touch up paint, I may have to have it color matched like was suggested

For archive's sake, here's a place folks can get 1st Gen pain codes for bikes with OEM paint: http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/?action=article&cat_id=001004&id=308

That chart on the Venturers site is not entirely accurate or complete.

Here is the correct colors (with both Yamaha codes and Colorite codes), but as has been said, computer color matching is the only way to get an accurate match of the aged and probably faded paint.

IMG (Large).jpg

Venture Paint and Seat Colors.xlsx

Hi everyone. after searching all over, the only paint colors i've found for the 93 venture are 2 tone blue and maroon. my '93 is a 2 tone brown/ beige color, and i need some touch up paint.

does anyone have paint codes for this bike? https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=117066

I don't think that is a 1993 Venture. In addition to the 1988 paint (that seems correct down to the pinstriping, except for the saddlebag lid) the front wheel is painted black, as the 1988 wheel would be, whereas the 1993 wheels were unpainted, natural aluminum.

The only way to confirm the model year is with the VIN from the FRAME. (I've seen several instances where title VIN and the actual frame number do not match).

So, what is the VIN, kansa737?

Edited by Prairiehammer

Hi everyone. after searching all over, the only paint colors i've found for the 93 venture are 2 tone blue and maroon. my '93 is a 2 tone brown/ beige color, and i need some touch up paint. does anyone have paint codes for this bike?

You scared the cr@p out of me. I just spent $100 on new saddlebag lids for my '93 based on the logic that "there's only one color scheme for the '93 so if the saddlebag lids are blue-ish in the pictures and came from a '93 then I don't have to probe the eBay seller to ensure I'm getting the right color."

Then you pop in with this other '93 paint scheme! ;)

I don't think that is a 1993 Venture. In addition to the 1988 paint (that seems correct down to the pinstriping, except for the saddlebag lid) the front wheel is painted black, as the 1988 wheel would be, whereas the 1993 wheels were unpainted, natural aluminum.

The only way to confirm the model year is with the VIN from the FRAME. (I've seen several instances where title VIN and the actual frame number do not match).

So, what is the VIN, kansa737?

I'll have to get the vin after i get home from work, but i do know that the vin matches the title. I had to have it inspected by the state police before i had it tagged.

it's titled as a '93.

if it is actually a '88, i'm not gonna be too thrilled as it was sold as a 93. But i did't pay a whole lot for it so it's not a huge deal.

I guess i'm more concerned that i bought a frankenbike :D

You scared the cr@p out of me. I just spent $100 on new saddlebag lids for my '93 based on the logic that "there's only one color scheme for the '93 so if the saddlebag lids are blue-ish in the pictures and came from a '93 then I don't have to probe the eBay seller to ensure I'm getting the right color."

Then you pop in with this other '93 paint scheme! ;)

I have to say, if i had a choice between the 2 color schemes I'd go with the blue that's supposed to be for '93

\

VIN is JYA1NLE06PA048280

OK, that is a 1993.

I was incorrect assuming a 1988 (Standard Venture) based on the color.

Still...the front wheel has been replaced. Got to wonder why.

A further clue to the repaint theory: the missing YAMAHA badge on the side of the main fairing.

the rear wheel also has black paint on it. I'm wondering if it wasnt wrecked and rebuilt with different parts....that's my big concern.

the title didn't say salvage or rebuilt on it, but i don't know how missouri does their titles.

OK, that is a 1993.

I was incorrect assuming a 1988 (Standard Venture) based on the color.

Still...the front wheel has been replaced. Got to wonder why.

A further clue to the repaint theory: the missing YAMAHA badge on the side of the main fairing.

you may be right, it just seems like an awful lot of work to repaint the bike with a factory paint scheme from 5 years in the past.

just for an update, my bike is a '93 but has apparently been partially rebuilt with earlier forks, and what looks to be a '88 body kit. Im going to take her to a paint shop i know of and have the paint color matched.

the closest i can come to the factory color is the '88 scheme of salt lake silver/ anthony grey.

thanks to everyone who chimed in on this thread, especially Prairiehammer who tipped me off about the forks.