IGNORED

looking to buy

Yamaha Venture Royal 1200 cc. Has gas line leak , blinkers don’t work. Needs work and tlc. $300 or best offer. Need gone now! Located in West Fargo ND.

i see this ad on craigslist. I cant post links or pics because i dont have 20 posts in this forum yet. The engine cranks, I'm concerned with fuel line, and why 2 people would have acquired this and not fixed the fuel line.

i have already looked at the bike. He thumbs the starter button, fuel starts pouring out the bottom of the bike. This is the second person to list it. My question, is there more to this than rubber hoses? Is there a steel fuel line, or maybe a fittting that the fuel line attaches to that is broke? The guy that showed it to me didnt know how to remove the seat, and i couldnt see how you do it either, otherwise, i would have taken a closer look.

Odds are, it's an easy fix and it may not even be the fuel line but stuck floats in the carbs.

Clear title?

Even without a clear title, if the plastic are in decent shape, BUY IT! if nothing else, you'll make your money back 3 fold parting out the body panels and scraping the frame and engine.

Odds are, it's an easy fix and it may not even be the fuel line but stuck floats in the carbs.

Clear title?

Even without a clear title, if the plastic are in decent shape, BUY IT! if nothing else, you'll make your money back 3 fold parting out the body panels and scraping the frame and engine.

:sign yeah that:

2nd vote for the stuck float on one of the carbs.

A quick peek under the scoot may have shown where/what/when the fuel is coming from. The bowl overflow tubes end right in front of the mono and are easily identifiable as there are four of them sitting side by side. The fuel pump sits on the left side and is plumbed with rubber lines. I personally have had more issues with the inline filter mounted beside the pump when it comes to cracking/leaking. IMHO, accessing/removing the carbs on a 1st Gen Venture compared to the Honda Magna = the Venture is somewhat easier. If you have successfully removed and rebuilt the Magna carb bank you should have no problem with the Venture.

If you do end up with the scoot, it might not be a bad idea to pull the seat and pop the top on the tank where the fuel level sending unit access is located. VERY simple job and being able to look directly into the interior of the tank with a pen light can be revealing as to what may be holding a float valve or two open...

For restore pu2rposes and return on investment, be warned that these old Ventures wont compare to a Magna on resale (IMHO of course). I only say that as it is very easy to get upside down on investment dollars if you do end up doing a carb job plus..

Perhaps an even greater thing to consider here may or may not be the fact that in that you are looking at the 1200cc Venture, the probabilty of the bike being one with 2nd gear issues in the makings is high.

By the way Wick,,:welcome1::group cheers::2YELLOW: