IGNORED

Six speed?

Royale Rider XVZ

Why does it fell like there is another gear after five.

This is my first VR.

That much power?

What cha ridin there RR?? I always felt my 1st Gen MK1's coulda shoulda had a 6th gear but, unfortunately,, they predated the modern 6 speed trannies.. They really do pull hard all the way up to the top in 5th though dont they? I also ride an R1 that is smaller motored and has no issue bouncing the rev limiter in 5th (its a six speed but as shown in the video, +170 in 5th is/was about my limit even with that little 1000cc motor. I did run one of my 1st Gens out on the Bonneville tapped out in 5th and saw +130 fairly easily = perhaps Mom Yam thought that 5 forward gears was all the modern day drifter of that day and age out CTFW on one of their touring bikes was all they needed to have a pretty good time..

Speeking of modern day trannies, bigger motors and running triple digits,,, I am still somewhat :think: as to why companies like Honda with their new Wing performance and Beemer with their WOWZY WOW WOW WOW 160 hp new touring bike decided to go to all that work of upping the displacements, do all the fancies to claim amazing HP curves on the dynos and then speed limited em to 112 for the Honda and 101 for the Beemer (imagine riding one of those gorgeous things and having some old geezer on a 74 inch Shovelhead come blowing by:buttkick:)... It all confuses my pea brain brother!!

If they had put gear #6 into those machines, the 1st gen riders wouldn't have any friends, they'd be left soooo far behind that when the 1st gen riders got done with lunch the others would arrive tooo late to even clean up the leftovers.

Why does it fell like there is another gear after five.

This is my first VR.

That much power?

Having 'fewer' gears can be a bit of fun though. I had the BUBF VN1500C, only a 4 speed box, and to be honest it was 'just right'. Surprised the hell out of a friends son on his GPZ750

Having 'fewer' gears can be a bit of fun though. I had the BUBF VN1500C, only a 4 speed box, and to be honest it was 'just right'. Surprised the hell out of a friends son on his GPZ750

HEAR HEAR!!! Spot on Wulfster!! Matter of fact,, due to them missing 2nd gear, all of my 1st Gens prior to Tweeksis were 4 speeders and they did just fine.. Short shifting 2nd was only a pain on mountain grades above 10 percent but even then it wasn't that bad and, as you mention - doing so actually added to the fun and challenge of the adVenture. :big-grin-emoticon: