IGNORED

My Goals For Today

luvmy40

Today I need to mount and balance four new tires and install them on my truck so I can get it out of the ditch I plan to drive into so as to lower the tail get to street level in order to facilitate the recovery of MY NEW '86 VR!!!!!!!

Then I have to mow the lawn before I fall into a daze while admiring MY NEW '86 VR!!!!!!!

Then I'll need to shower and nap before taking my beautiful and loving wife(who has not complained even a little bit about MY NEW '86 VR!!!!!!) to see Alice Cooper in Concert for her birthday.

No, I did not get the tickets to make up for buying MY NEW '86 VR!!!!!! I bought them months ago on her actual birthday and put them in a gag birthday card which is our normal gift exchange tradition.

So off to sweat on the tire machine!

Edited by luvmy40

So my day today will hopefully be much different than the previous 6 days. I plan to have this day be a day of rest and relaxation, of family time and some time to be thankful for having a day that is totally different from the other 6 days of the week. It was strongly advised many years ago to keep one day a week totally separate and not to worry about the work and other things that needed to be done or what we thought that needed to be done, so just to leave all that being just that and spend some time just being free from all that. Does that makes sense? Hope so. I'm having another freedom day!!

I spent yesterday swapping out a faulty plug cap on Tweeksis's #1 that was causing a low speed stumble and irratic idle. After the swap we did run her about 250 miles following a large group of HD riders along the lake shore and that's Tweeksis was right up to par - back to her usual self. Now today I gotta drag her back out the garage and make sure she aint changed her mind about accepting the replacement plug cap by hauling us two lop eared hungry varmints to the local Chinese feeding traugh..

:think:,, now I gotta :icon_smile_question... Seems how Carl is a Mod here,, isnt he technically working on his family day:think:

Just thinking outloud,,, :witch_brew::witch_brew::stirthepot::big-grin-emoticon:

Changed my mind. Going to also see if I can get the Gen 2 engine guard braces installed. Got one almost ready to go but forgot which way the little brace goes....time to search the web site and see if I can find the instructions written by the member vendor that made them....always something!

Update:

Didn't get the braces on. While tightening one of the bolts on the right side brace, the brace snapped. Yep. Guess I'm stronger than I thought....NOT!

So much for that idea.

Edited by videoarizona

So, me and the boy got the tires on the tuck done, got the new girl off the truck and then started swapping parts on the Ventures. Well really just swapped seats.

He has my old '82 Maxim 750 so I told him he could give me back the Maxim and $300.00 cash when he had it and he could take over ownership of The Beast. He jumped at the idea, then I told him the New custom made seat stayed with ME so we swapped them out.

Didn't get the yard work done, but I'm taking tomorrow off work so I'll giterdone then.

So, me and the boy got the tires on the tuck done, got the new girl off the truck and then started swapping parts on the Ventures. Well really just swapped seats.

He has my old '82 Maxim 750 so I told him he could give me back the Maxim and $300.00 cash when he had it and he could take over ownership of The Beast. He jumped at the idea, then I told him the New custom made seat stayed with ME so we swapped them out.

Didn't get the yard work done, but I'm taking tomorrow off work so I'll giterdone then.

Glad to see the Beast is staying in the family. Is your boy a forum member? Warn him to keep a close eye on his hardware. We won’t always be around to do a search lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk