IGNORED

Eand on forks

Hi all, thanks for the add.....I am just in the middle of changing my steering bearings and on the front of the fork there is what is called the EAND......now from what I can see if I release the bolts I lose all my fork fluid, which I don’t want to do. I just want to be able to drop my forks without the wire attached. Can the top of this just be removed without risking draining my fluid? Sorry it’s an 86 Venture.

Hi all, thanks for the add.....I am just in the middle of changing my steering bearings and on the front of the fork there is what is called the EAND......now from what I can see if I release the bolts I lose all my fork fluid, which I don’t want to do. I just want to be able to drop my forks without the wire attached. Can the top of this just be removed without risking draining my fluid? Sorry it’s an 86 Venture.

One cannot remove the solenoid from the valve body of the EAND while the EAND unit is attached to the forks.

Simply disconnect the EAND wires at their respective connectors.

Thanks for the info Kevin.....are they just pull apart connectors further up the forks near the headlight?

Yes.

Connectors are behind the headlight. Look for a two wire connector for each side with a white wire and a black wire. Probably have to remove the headlight to see them.

Edited by Prairiehammer