IGNORED

Tire Valve Stem Size?

Does anyone know if the Gen1 MK1 valves stems are 11.3mm or 8.3mm ?

Hmmm - I just bought one (Yamaha P/N 93900-00031 and there is another small number printed on the package, K141205A) and the diameter of the threaded portion is 7.68mm and the diameter of the round end that sits inside the wheel is 13.97mm. To install it, you have to remove the tire and push it through the wheel.

zag

PS If you are thinking about replacing the valve stem because it is leaking, you might want to try sticking in a new valve core which is available in hardware stores and auto supply stores. It uses a "short type" valve core. I got ones made by Victor and they fit just fine. You do need a little tool to unscrew the valve core - Victor makes one: P/N 00714-8. Or you might luck out and have a valve cap that has the little slotted thing built into the end (I have one that I have set aside for many years).

Edited by zagger

Does anyone know if the Gen1 MK1 valves stems are 11.3mm or 8.3mm ?

Hey, thanks for the response - not. I will make a mental note to ignore your posts from now on. This is supposed to be a two way communication, not just some automated fact finding service like google.

zag

Edited by zagger

Sorry Zagger.

Sometimes I forget what's going on with all the other things like work and family.

I'll try harder to make sure and respond more promptly from now on.

BTW, do you know if the 11.3mm or 8.3 mm valve stem will fit the Gen1 MK1 wheels?