IGNORED

Was Planning on riding to Star Day's, now driving the cage.

At a T intersection this past Friday behind Van waiting to make a left turn. Van pulled forward then decided to back up.. wedged rear bumper between front tire and fender, tore fender from mounts on both sides, at this point not sure if forks or other parts damaged.

The incident happened so fast it was like a blur .

Called my dealer they arrived within an hour for pick up. Fortunately for me my dealer dealer is top notch and is totally dedicated to our sport.

Now the fun begins with claims process.

As for me no injuries.

20190705_143118_resized.jpg20190705_134500_resized.jpg20190705_134449_resized.jpg

How much you wanna bet the van driver was texting?

You are a better man than I!

I'd likely be in jail waiting on assault charges if that had happened to me.

Selfish, ignorant, discourteous and easily distracted seems to be the prerequisite for obtaining a driver's license these days.

Selfish, ignorant, discourteous and easily distracted seems to be the prerequisite for obtaining a driver's license these days.

Yes that is the case these day's.

Just as it happened a local PO turned the corner and stopped to see what was going on. I did let the driver know of my displeasure over the incident and how he ruined my planned trip. I just finished installing and testing the trailer wiring kit from EC and riding home from where I have my trailer stored, just 4 miles away from home.

I'm still steaming today....

The only bright side to all of this is I was not injured.

Thankfully you were not injured, also glad you have good support form the dealership.

The OP is also a better man than I, I fear my reaction would mirror yours.

You are starting to sound like my thoughts. I dont have to ride in town for very many minutes before I turn into a seething bubbling cauldron of contempt for the blithering stupidity, apathy and inconsideration that is all to common in a shocking number of motorists, including a great many unskilled arrogant t*ats (oops, I had to manually censor that word or it would have flown) around here that consider themselves motorcyclists. I will spare you the next three long paragraphs on why I agree with you so much and focus on the good news that the OP is safe and that his new steed is in good hands. Damn though, I'm feelin' ya, and I admire the restraint and proper course of action by the OP, it is commendable considering what happened.

Hard to tell from the photos about the forks, but if the dealer says the fender is all, then maybe it can be mended temporarily so that you may still use it on your trip. To bad they dont have another fender on the showroom they could "loan" you. I'm really sorry this happened, the disappointment is palpable from here.

I replayed this in my head many times asking myself, what could I have done different to escape the impact.

I always leave plenty of space between myself and the vehicle in front especially those without a rear window or in this case a van full of carpeting blocking the rear windows.

However after thinking this thru, "in hindsight of course" I'm glad I did not try, the van backed up too quickly, if I had tried that would have put me in a close to broadside position and I would probably not be posting on this forum today.

I'm amazed the front end did not collapse; the hit was hard enough to tear the steel from under the bolts.

Anyway Adjuster will be out tomorrow and will go from there.

Thanks for allowing me to vent a tad!

We all have close calls, and some even have "accidents", as I hesitate to call them, since most of what I see is not the fault of the rider, but some idiot in a cage. Sitting still yet. Good heavens!

I really feel for you - beautiful new bike, ready for a great trip, and some jack-a-mo ruins it for you. Thank The Lord you are alright, but I commend you on your ability to withhold your anger.

Hopefully the dealer you work with will make it like it never happened, and life can go on, after a correct period of being just pissed off, that is!

Personally, I'd be looking for a lawyer who might be able to soften the blow a bit...

Adjuster was out yesterday, so far $824 (visual inspection) of damage. My dealer will be removing the forks to check for damage, and inspect the front end assembly.

Hopefully will have the final word by the end of the week..

Adjuster was out yesterday, so far $824 (visual inspection) of damage. My dealer will be removing the forks to check for damage, and inspect the front end assembly.

Hopefully will have the final word by the end of the week..

fingers crossed for ya

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the Bike this past Saturday, fender replacement only!

Dealer removed the forks and checked for damage as well a checking all other front end components, no other damage.

20 mile ride home felt like it was never hit.

Back in the saddle, ye ha!